How long does it take to get endorsed in IL? - Page 2Register Today!
- Jun 9, '10 by sincere74Wow, how did you get it so fast.
- Jun 9, '10 by sincere74has any nurses out there taken your lpn/rn online? i'm very interested in getting my rn.
- Jun 9, '10 by TheSquireQuote from sincere74this is a horribly off-topic question - please post it one of the student forums (or have a staff member kindly move this post to a new thread over there) so that it may be addressed.has any nurses out there taken your lpn/rn online? i'm very interested in getting my rn.
- Jun 10, '10 by sincere74thanks for the advice..... p.s. try not too be so rude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! next time it's only a question....
- Jun 22, '10 by michellehagelejust a heads up, IL doesnt recognize any onkine LPN TO RN PROGRAMS.. sorry, hope it helped i learned the hard way.
- Jul 18, '10 by jen012I have an RN license in Michigan, but I am interested in possibly moving to Chicago. Im guessing the answer is yes, but do you have to have your Illinois license before you apply to jobs? Or will they still interview you/consider you with an out of state license?
- Jul 18, '10 by michellehageleyou can interview in illinois without your license but you have to have your license here to start, and it takes several weeks to get an illinois license, so i would apply for endorsment early...
- Jul 27, '10 by anewme26Hi all,
I am facing the same long wait for endorsing into IL from IN. I sent my app in at the beginning of the month (July 2010) and after getting a letter thinking the license was on it's way I learned that the app had just been recognized as received by the IDFPR and was forwarded to the Nursing Licensure Unit who by the way was backlogged nearly two weeks (meaning they were just now processing apps that were put in the system, not received, on JUly 10th, and mine was put in on the 20th), THe snobby phone rep said at best I can expect to recieve a temp permit next week. I for the life of me cant understand why the processes for everything related to nursing in IL takes so Darn long...
And as a side note to a prior comment about IL not accepting any online LPN/RN programs...that is not completely true. According to the IL nursing act, IL does not accept programs that do not have an onsite/physical component for clinicals. Right now one LPN to BSN program that they are accepting is the one thru Indiana State University which happens to have physical clinical sites within IL or you have the ability to chose your own site if they meet program requirements.
Erika S. Jeffery, LPN
- Jul 27, '10 by michellehageleI finally recieved my ILLINOIS license about 4-5 days ago, so it took almost 4 weeks.. Thank Goodness i have it, and im done messin with all that, good luck to you all.
- Aug 6, '10 by MS. ICANDOITAfter sitting on hold for 22 minutes this morning I was told by a very helpful rep that temp permits are running about 3 weeks right now. Good luck everyone, I know I need it