Got accepted!!!Register Today!
- by K_girl Mar 17, '11Got my acceptance letters to 2 of the schools I applied to! I am waiting for my last letter and should be getting that the first week of April. I think I made the final decision to go with my ADN though due to financial reasons. I just cant justify being almost 40k in debt before i even start working. Hoping i make the right decision!
- Mar 17, '11 by SMOKEY2112Quote from K_girlCongrats hon! What schools were you accepted to if you don't mind me asking?Got my acceptance letters to 2 of the schools I applied to! I am waiting for my last letter and should be getting that the first week of April. I think I made the final decision to go with my ADN though due to financial reasons. I just cant justify being almost 40k in debt before i even start working. Hoping i make the right decision!
- Mar 17, '11 by K_girlHi Smokey,
I got accepted to Illinois Central College and methodist college of nursing. I'm still waiting on my letter from OSF College of Nursing which is my first choice. However those letters aren't set to go out until 3/30
- Mar 17, '11 by SMOKEY2112That's awesome! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!!!
- Mar 17, '11 by hocketimeI have to agree, save the money where and when you can. Congrats!!!
- Mar 22, '11 by ChiTownHopefulCongrats!! I've been accepted to 2 so far...waiting on my third. But I also think I'll be doing the ADN route as well. Good luck to you all!!!
- Mar 26, '11 by K_girlHi Chitown --
Have you made your decision as to where you are going? Did you finally hear back from your 3rd school?
- Mar 26, '11 by K_girlHi Eager,
Honestly, I'm not sure what my GPA is. I started college 15 years ago and I did terribly my first 2 years. I took a few classes here a few years later and I got pretty good grades that time around. If i had to guess, I would think it's about a 3.1.
I took my last 2 prerequisites last semester and got a's on them both. I applied to ICC, Methodist, and OSF. I just got my acceptance letter to OSF today! It was my first school of choice but I have declined my spot. I will be applying there again once I finish my ADN.
I also declined my spot at Methodist so I hope that you make it in! Where else have you applied to?
- Mar 29, '11 by CocoBananaI just got my acceptance letter to OSF too!!! That really surprised me, considering I thought it would be harder to get into over Methodist.. I'm pretty sure I'll be going there.. I'm gonna go to the open house April 9th. I also applied to a school in Chicago and still haven't heard back, but I don't think I'll be going there.
Do you know about OSF's loan forgiveness plan? If you commit to working there for 3 years, I think they will basically pay $12,000 of your loans.. just something to consider, if money is the reason you don't want to go there. I believe they have to select you though, after your first semester.