Chicago's Need for NursesRegister Today!
- by Dangerous Aug 25, '09After reading http://www.chitowndailynews.org/Chic..._to_come,31560 and http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_267042.html
I am interested as to why Chicago nurses are not commenting on either of above postings.
I already gave my
- Aug 27, '09 by livingthedreamFrom what I know, hospitals are short, but don't have the budget to hire.
- Aug 27, '09 by traumaRUsIt is all about reimbursement: in IL, our medicaid system is in such dire straits that hospitals, pharmacies, providers don't get reimbursed for months. Also - the above poster is correct: there may be a shortage but the hospitals don't have the funds to hire more nurses. This again goes back to Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement.
As to the shortage of educators: pay them more and they will come. I have had an MSN since 2005 but nope, no way could I take such a pay cut to join the educators' ranks.
- Aug 30, '09 by TristanTAre any hospitals in Chicago hiring new grads? I will happily move to Chicago (from Seattle) for a good RN residency. I just got my BSN and it looks like I'm going to take my RN training and work as a barista again...
- Aug 31, '09 by prinsessaI have been applying for a new grad position since April.....and no luck! Most of my classmates have had the same problem. So I wouldn't move to Chicago just yet