Aurora University IL Applicants Fall 2013!!!Register Today!
- by Friskee Jan 27Hi guys! Just looking to see who all has applied for AU's 2013 Fall bsn program. I believe that the acceptance letters are going out sometime in March. Does anyone know any information about the average of students that were accepted last year? I received my TEAS score and am dying to know!
- 9,624 Views
- Jan 30 by CA_BSNhopefulI'm waiting to hear if I got in this fall, and I've started my first semester at AU to take pathophysiology and a few other upper level gen. eds. I don't know how many people got in last year but I was told that over 200 people applied. Now that both groups have taken the TEAS V the deliberations will begin! I am freaking out because I've already been trying to get into a school since last year, and I really feel that this nursing school is where I'm meant to beLast edit by CA_BSNhopeful on Jan 30 : Reason: clarity
- Jan 30 by FriskeeYay, another person! I hope we both get in! I asked what the average was for last year, she said a 3.2 gpa with a 72 teas. How well did you do on your teas if you dont mind me asking. You dont have to say the exact number.
- Jan 30 by Medic2RNMoved to the Illinois State Nursing Programs forum for more of a response.
- Jan 31 by CA_BSNhopefulI have a 3.09 gpa with a 76.7% on the teas, so maybe it's a good balance? haha
A couple of the girls in my psych class got 71% and 76% but I don't know their gpa's.
*crossing fingers* we both get in!
- Jan 31 by FriskeeThat's pretty good! I have a 3.6 and got a 71.3 on the teas. I hope so as well!
- Feb 3 by TeeanneI applied for the fall too! I applied to Aurora and NIU. I'm finishing my prereqs at comm college. Not sure when I would do pathophysiology though if I go to Aurora. I have a 4.0 and got 90.0 on the TEAS. Most people I know that are going into nursing seem to be either staying at the comm college for the ADN, or have their eye on UIC. So it's nice getting to meet some people looking to go the same way!
- Feb 3 by FriskeeThat's pretty good, i'm sure you will get in for sure with that! I am also about done with my pre-reqs, I graduate this may with my Associates of Science. Everyone at the school where I attend seem to be very interested in NIU. How did you pull off a 90 on the teas? I had the book, and Mcgraw hill, and had all of the classes done and still made a 71! I got 70's across the board though, science was the highest where I got a 73%. I didn't ace anything or bomb anything lol. I'm sure that will account for something!
- Feb 7 by ReneRDoes any one know how they calculate your GPA and the teas test together when making their decision? I have a very high GPA and a lower teas test score. The waiting for March is killing me.
- Feb 7 by CA_BSNhopefulIf you go to Aurora, you can do pathophys during your first semester in the program; it can be a pre-req or co-req. Keep in mind that AU also has "upper level" general education requirements, soooo you might have to take more classes (like I took abnormal psych at Waubonsee cc and it was a sophomore level class, but because I had no junior level classes, I have to take a few) in order to fulfill their graduation requirements; it is basically a transfer punishment haha. If you have an associates degree it excludes you from a few other requirements but you still have to have a few credits that go toward an upper level general ed.