Anyone in Americare Institute LPN program in Schaumburg???? =)Register Today!
- by lvaliav Apr 21, '09If you are currently a student, have graduated or going into this program, how do you like it? Do you feel prepared for nclex? How are the teachers, clinical sites? Anything and everything will be so greatly appreciated! I would love to hear any input that you can provide for me. Thank you. =)
- Apr 24, '09 by lvaliavreally??? no one??? my:
- Apr 25, '09 by lilbutterfly1I Have a friend that is attending that school right now she says that she loves it!!! She is attending the evening program I was planning to attend that school too but I got accepted to Harper College nursing program so i will be starting this fall!! But I heard its a good school I attended an informational meeting and they said that their NCLEX passing rate is 98% so good luck!!!
- Apr 25, '09 by lvaliavThanks for your reply. I am glad she likes it, I will be trying for the full-time, day time course. Hopefully I will get into that program. Thanks a bunch! Congrats on getting in! Wish you all the best!
- May 4, '09 by Marcik8553Ivaliav are in the program??? Did you apply already??
- May 4, '09 by lvaliavYeah I applied I think i responded to you in another forum. If you don't read that then Ill just copy and paste it here as well:
I am going there. I have a meeting with Michelle on Monday to give my app in and $1000 dollars.() Anyways I was skeptical about this program too because it was not of a place I have heard about. My sister introduced me because her neighbor is actually almost done with the class. She said it was a good program but it is hard (as any nursing school is) and you have to be on top of your game. If you are wanting to transfer your courses to another school you should talk to the other school about it. My goal is to aim for RN or BSN. St. Xavier's has an LPN-BSN program and when I asked if they would accept the credits from here, they said they would. Just to let you know. =)
I am going take the A&P courses at Americare in the summer and then officially start the program in Fall.
This may not have been exactly what you were wanting to hear but it is what I know. Hope I helped somewhat. Best of luck.
- Jul 2, '09 by danita yanceyHi,
I'm new to this site and I also was considering that school. At the time that I was considering this school they didn't have fafsa. Does anyone know if they've received it
- Jul 2, '09 by lvaliavI havent heard that they have... so no I dont think so...
Maybe someone else who knows 100% for sure????
- Jul 2, '09 by AmparoG-Mckinleydoes this school require Hesi to exit be able to sit for boards or any other type of exit exam. watch for those they can be deal breakers some people finish school and can not pass the hesi in 2 tries so they never can become nurses.
How much is the Americare LPN program in total and can you please give me their phone number and any infomation you know. How long is the course and do they offer RN too?
- Jul 2, '09 by lvaliavOk so this is what I know thus far...
1. Their LPN program is 18,000 something. They increased it this year. Go figure.
2. if you are wanting to join this year, i dont know if they are still accepting..but they might. here is the site: americare.edu, the number is on the site.
3. The LPN program is about one year. I know they have applied for the RN program, but I do not know if they have been given the OK yet. (http://as6325.http.sasm3.net/Academi..._Americare.pdf) ----> that is the site regarding the potential ADN program. But I remember them saying that if they do get the ok, the former LPN students get first dibs on admission.