Any Student nurse extern/internships in chicagoland/quad cities?Register Today!
- by Freakoutgirl16 Sep 5, '10Hi, I am currently a junior nursing student who is starting to look into summer extern/internships for the summer before my senior year. Does anyone know of any programs in the chicagoland or quad city area? Any help would be awesome!
- Sep 14, '10 by chorkleSince you mention Quad Cities, would/could Peoria be of any interest?
If so, look up the OSF hospital there, St. Francis, I think. The on-line description of their summer externship made it sound useful and promising.
- Sep 16, '10 by OnaBadaYes, I also saw that St. Francis in Peoria is starting to take nurse externship applications. I don't think their formal process begins until the winter, but you can apply and they will send you a list of requirements. I am looking for specifically Chicago area, maybe U of Chi Med Center? I sent an email out them and the response I received said they don't do summer externships, but I am not sure I believe it! If you or anyone out there knows whether they do or not, and what other summer extern programs Chicago offers, that would be great.
Are you in IL/IN or out of state? I would be coming from MO, and am looking for programs out of state.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
- Sep 16, '10 by chorkleOnaBada--
I'm in process of moving to IL from several hundred miles southwest of there.
Planning 2 years PT prereqs at CC; would hope to start NS, fall 2012.
I believe in looking ahead, tho; first having ensured everything current is running smoothly.
Chicagoland, however, has no appeal for me at all.
- Sep 16, '10 by chorkleAlso, as I recall, Peoria OSF requires a 3.2 GPA to be considered for their summer externship.