Accepted into CCC Nursing Program: Truman College - page 35
by Katja508 59,685 Views | 384 Comments
Hi all! I've started this thread for those of us who have gotten the good news and have been accepted to start the nursing program at Truman College in Fall 2012! If you are still waiting to hear, I would suggest visiting the... Read More
- 0Aug 14, '12 by y2dave13hiya, all!
Whatcha guys think of the mandatory "workshop/orientation"? i understand that the first day of orientation at MXC was extremely important, it seems the rest is just informational... I would have appreciated if the latter was optional...
by the way, i got crazy and got all but one of the required books today... Overtime, here I come!!!
Anyways, I'm scheduled w/ **** Mon & Wed at 11-1250 BW clinicals @ OLR on TUES.
see you guys in class!!!
daveLast edit by JustBeachyNurse on Aug 18, '12 : Reason: ToS--privacy/do not post names of school professors/staff
- 0Aug 16, '12 by Mom'sHelperHi Everyone,
My name is Charlotte and I am in the day program at Truman.
I so wish remembered that this was the place to figure out everything earlier. So I am a bit late to the party or rather the discussions regarding all that confusion with the text books and such. I still have not gotten anything, because I just got the money to purchase books a few days ago. I was trying to save money, as we are very tight on cash... but I am starting to think I am just going to pick up the package at Becks tomorrow after our final day of this silly boot camp, because I don't want to be empty handed on Monday. However there are so many different opinions in this thread it is hard to decide what is the best option.
Regarding the uniforms, I was very misinformed by someone in the Nursing office. And was told that the uniforms would be on campus for pick up. I went and no one was there that day (late July). Then I was told I would be informed when they had arrived and still nothing. So like an idiot I have been waiting for an email or call. Now I am seeing you all have been picking them up at the store. So my question is did you need the receipt we got, when we ordered them? Because I had to hand mine over to my Aunt who is helping me with school costs. I just am trying to find out ASAP in order to organize my next two days. I am my mom's primary caregiver, so I must really budget my time. And now I am rushing around picking up uniforms and books all last minute. I only have help from the Department. of Aging 8am to Noon Monday-Friday (which I am grateful for), but it means I don't have much time to work with.
Well I have rambled enough. Any feedback would be apreciated. Looking forward to getting to know you all. :-)
- 0Aug 16, '12 by NathanielN@Charlotte. Do not despair. I did not need my receipt when I picked my uniform up from the Elston location. There is a consensus that the book Fundamentals of Nursing, written by Craven, et al, will be our primary book for this semester (and most likely the next two years).
@Dave. I have ***** and her class is listed on blackboard, along with a very detailed schedule, powerpoints, handouts, etc. All this information I can easily access thanks to that wonderful blackboard instructional yesterday (insert sarcasm emoticon here).Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Aug 18, '12 : Reason: ToS--privacy/do not post names of school professors/staff
- 0Aug 16, '12 by y2dave13Quote from NathanielNno kidding! i have associated all the Spiderman, Superman and Three Stooges graphics and soundbites to all the links!! can't forget about the lovely elephants!! bwaahaahaaa...
@Dave. I have *****and her class is listed on blackboard, along with a very detailed schedule, powerpoints, handouts, etc. All this information I can easily access thanks to that wonderful blackboard instructional yesterday (insert sarcasm emoticon here).
hohum!Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Aug 18, '12 : Reason: edit quote for tos
- 1Aug 16, '12 by NathanielN*****gives a very specific weekly schedule that would be of no help for students taking other professors. I will say that chapters 1,3,4 and 6 from Fundamentals of Nursing are discussed in week one. I'm sure most professors start there, so start reading!Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Aug 18, '12 : Reason: ToS--privacy/do not post names of school professors/staff