Accepted into CCC Nursing Program: Truman College - Page 35Register Today!
- Aug 14, '12 by y2dave13hiya, all!
Whatcha guys think of the mandatory "workshop/orientation"? i understand that the first day of orientation at MXC was extremely important, it seems the rest is just informational... I would have appreciated if the latter was optional...
by the way, i got crazy and got all but one of the required books today... Overtime, here I come!!!
Anyways, I'm scheduled w/ **** Mon & Wed at 11-1250 BW clinicals @ OLR on TUES.
see you guys in class!!!
daveLast edit by JustBeachyNurse on Aug 18, '12 : Reason: ToS--privacy/do not post names of school professors/staff
- Aug 15, '12 by y2dave13now that we have done the blackboard workshop thing, is anyone's course showing up on blackboard?
- Aug 15, '12 by lungu2007Nope, not yet
- Aug 15, '12 by sskripsNo not yet.
- Aug 16, '12 by Mom'sHelperHi Everyone,
My name is Charlotte and I am in the day program at Truman.
I so wish remembered that this was the place to figure out everything earlier. So I am a bit late to the party or rather the discussions regarding all that confusion with the text books and such. I still have not gotten anything, because I just got the money to purchase books a few days ago. I was trying to save money, as we are very tight on cash... but I am starting to think I am just going to pick up the package at Becks tomorrow after our final day of this silly boot camp, because I don't want to be empty handed on Monday. However there are so many different opinions in this thread it is hard to decide what is the best option.
Regarding the uniforms, I was very misinformed by someone in the Nursing office. And was told that the uniforms would be on campus for pick up. I went and no one was there that day (late July). Then I was told I would be informed when they had arrived and still nothing. So like an idiot I have been waiting for an email or call. Now I am seeing you all have been picking them up at the store. So my question is did you need the receipt we got, when we ordered them? Because I had to hand mine over to my Aunt who is helping me with school costs. I just am trying to find out ASAP in order to organize my next two days. I am my mom's primary caregiver, so I must really budget my time. And now I am rushing around picking up uniforms and books all last minute. I only have help from the Department. of Aging 8am to Noon Monday-Friday (which I am grateful for), but it means I don't have much time to work with.
Well I have rambled enough. Any feedback would be apreciated. Looking forward to getting to know you all. :-)
- Aug 16, '12 by NathanielN@Charlotte. Do not despair. I did not need my receipt when I picked my uniform up from the Elston location. There is a consensus that the book Fundamentals of Nursing, written by Craven, et al, will be our primary book for this semester (and most likely the next two years).
@Dave. I have ***** and her class is listed on blackboard, along with a very detailed schedule, powerpoints, handouts, etc. All this information I can easily access thanks to that wonderful blackboard instructional yesterday (insert sarcasm emoticon here).Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Aug 18, '12 : Reason: ToS--privacy/do not post names of school professors/staff
- Aug 16, '12 by y2dave13Quote from NathanielNno kidding! i have associated all the Spiderman, Superman and Three Stooges graphics and soundbites to all the links!! can't forget about the lovely elephants!! bwaahaahaaa...
@Dave. I have *****and her class is listed on blackboard, along with a very detailed schedule, powerpoints, handouts, etc. All this information I can easily access thanks to that wonderful blackboard instructional yesterday (insert sarcasm emoticon here).
hohum!Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Aug 18, '12 : Reason: edit quote for tos
- Aug 16, '12 by sskripsHi NathanielN,
would you mind posting syllabus to here or facebook link?
- Aug 16, '12 by NathanielN*****gives a very specific weekly schedule that would be of no help for students taking other professors. I will say that chapters 1,3,4 and 6 from Fundamentals of Nursing are discussed in week one. I'm sure most professors start there, so start reading!Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Aug 18, '12 : Reason: ToS--privacy/do not post names of school professors/staff
- Aug 16, '12 by maane1005It would really depend on the instructor if they will even use blackboard.