per diem hospice per visit rateRegister Today!
- by PeacockMaiden Sep 15I'm going to interview for a per diem hospice that pays by the visit. I am new to hospice work, so I have no idea what decent compensation would be.
I'm in northern California. So if anyone is aware of various visit rates, I'd love to hear it.
- Hi Peacockmaiden, how did your interview go for the hospice job? I am a new grad in the bay area and will be interviewing for a hospice job. Do you have any tips or advice for me? Did you get the job??? I would love any tips/advice you can offer.
- Sep 27 by PeacockMaidenI haven't heard back from the company yet, but even if they offer me a job, I don't think I'll take it. They pay by the visit, and when you figure in the huge amount of documentation and the uncompensated travel time, I don't think this particular job will be worth it.
As far as questions, you will want to brush up on palliative care measures and meds given. If you have wound care experience, stress that. They also gave me scenarios and asked me how I would respond.
- Hi PeacockMaiden...where are you located and how much is the hourly visit rate if I may ask? Sorry you don't sound that interested in this...hopefully you will get another interview somewhere else soon.
- Sep 27 by PeacockMaidenI'm in Northern CA. The per visit rate was $55 for revisit and $90 for a start of care visit. No mileage compensation.
I don't think doing hospice is in the cards for me right now. I am currently doing a post master's adult/gero NP program, so I can't be available M-F like they required.
- Thank you so much!