Who provides the supplies?Register Today!
- by MrsLpn12 Feb 20I will soon start HHC as a LPN. I am excited to buy a cool bag & supplies. Do most agencies provide you with supplies or what % do you buy? I was a HHA years ago and it was 90% the agency.
- Feb 20 by paradiseboundRNThe agency gives you supplies although you may want to use your own stethoscope if you have one.
- Feb 20 by AnnemRNQuote from MrsLpn12The agency supplies the bag, but I ended up buying my own more user friendly bag. I also use my own BP cuff and stethescope.I will soon start HHC as a LPN. I am excited to buy a cool bag & supplies. Do most agencies provide you with supplies or what % do you buy? I was a HHA years ago and it was 90% the agency.
- Feb 28 by erika.RNOur agency supplies everything. I ended up using my own bag & stethescope.
- Feb 28 by LaRNMost supply everything, but you can get a better stethoscope at a toy store than the ones they usually have.
Make sure if you use items with batteries such as coagulation monitors, O2 sats, blood glucose monitors that they provide you with those batteries.
Have seen a few nurses use a sewing box for a nursing bag, which works pretty well, easier to see and get what you need as opposed to digging in a bag. Most of the company supplied bags look like diaper bags.
- Mar 4 by tinyRN72I bought my own stethoscope (the one I got in school), thermometer and probe covers, tape measure, bag, gloves, sanitizer, alcohol, and a box of masks.
The insurance company sends bandages, gloves, alcohol, and other needed supplies. Lab supplies come from the lab (not all companies do this.)
I choose to carry my own gloves and masks just to make sure that I always have them.
- Mar 27 by amoLuciaA little bit late, but I used to carry my own bathroom scale. Surprising that some people don't have their own scale at home. It wasn't anything fancy - like it wouldn't be for very overweight pts, or those unable to stand ...
- Mar 27 by salvadordollyThe company should supply everything. Our cheap company doesn't supply pulse ox's though. They have pretty good supplies for a good price on Amazon and some bags too. They usually give you a cheap diaper-bag like thing that isn't very user friendly. Get a washable one or a wipeable one anyway because some homes can be kinda nasty.