Billing for CLIA waived LabsRegister Today!
- by homehealthguru Mar 18, '09Hello all,
How many of your agencies are billing for administration of CLIA Waived Labs? This reimbursement is separate from your episodic payments. It's for documentation and communication of results-not physically drawing the sample. Would love feedback.
- Oct 13, '09 by alekpilgrimDear homehealthguru,
I can not find any info on billing for CLIA waived Labs.
Do we need to have part B Medicare provider #? Any info would help! Thanks!
- Oct 14, '09 by homehealthguruThis is one of the those regs that is buried deep into the manuals. Check out the Home Health Online Billing Manual Ch. 10 Sect. 90 D. Classifies HH as a "provider" of lab services, and thus can bill for these services. A Part B # is required, but this is a slightly different process than you would normally go through. If you message me personally, I will give you some more details on the process.
- Oct 14, '09 by alekpilgrimThanks!
I'd be happy to send you a personal message, but can not find a way to do it. I just registered yesterday and perhaps don't have access to this feature yet..
can I give you my personal email?
- Oct 14, '09 by homehealthguruFeel free to pm me for my personal email. Looking forward to hearing from you.Last edit by jnette on Oct 14, '09
- Hi homehealthguru,
I would like to know more info regarding how to bill for CLIA labs. Please let me know... need your help!
- Nov 16, '09 by homehealthguruTColeman,
I would be glad to help you start receiving this reimbursement. With all the changes coming up in 2010, you need to capture every penny available to keep up with the pace. First of all, this reimbursement is a Part B reimbursement. Therefore, the patient must have Part B coverage. Also this is not billed to your RHHI. This reimbursement is handled by your Carrier with claims jurisdiction.
The process is fairly simple to get set up, but there are several things that must take place in order for you to qualify. There are also a few specific differences from carrier to carrier about which labs (or more specifically, which diagnosis codes) are reimbursable. I would love to help you get set up, but would prefer to discuss the specifics in a private manner. Please Personal Message me your email or phone contact info and I will be glad to discuss further.
- How can I send a private message?
- Nov 16, '09 by homehealthgurupersonal email address deleted.Last edit by jnette on Nov 16, '09 : Reason: TOS.. personal email
- PM sent!