Another recert?Register Today!
- by HeaFea Jul 25, '12Hi guys! I have yet another question with recerts ..... so I called the doctors office to let them know that I was keeping their pt on services and explained why. The assistant/secretary or whatever said " ok..so what do you want me to do?" -very rude. How does this work normally? I called the office, told them we would be keeping their pt, gave them a brief update..should I have done something differently?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=762347©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 905 Views
- Jul 25, '12 by merleeI only called the doc's office if I was discharging and needed an order. Recerts were just faxed for signatures, unless I was late and needed a verbal order to continue services.
- Jul 25, '12 by nancynurse227my company we recertify for whatever exacerbations, and fax to pcp for signature. We notify PCP of D/C per phone and order to Discharge from Agency
- Aug 3, '12 by KateRN1Technically, you should be asking for a verbal order to continue to see the patient/recert. Many agencies just recert and send the paperwork, but the correct, by-the-book way to do it is that any change in visit frequency needs to be made based on an order from the physician. That includes recerts, unless you have standing orders included in your 485 that allows you to recert automatically--which may not pass muster with your state agency, accrediting body, or other surveyor.
- Aug 15, '12 by nl2005It sounds like the girl at the MDs office was very rude. You were calling with a patient update and she should have taken a message for the MD to call you back.