I will be starting my new position in HH on 7/8/13. I would like to prepare myself as much as possible before I start! Since I am new to HH I was planning on getting the book recommended by Tina M. Marrelli Handbook of Home Health Standards. I was wondering if there were any more suggestions to help me get prepared. Any good Nursing diagnosis books, or any gadgets that you feel are essential to providing good care while out on the road.
Jun 24, '13
Here is some of the stuff I used, if your agency does not supply them:
1. pill boxes at the dollar store to use in a pinch
2. a fast electronic thermometer at the drug store or a tympanic one if your agency allows
3. a hand mirror for looking at back of legs/feet easier
4. a couple of pencil case size bags (Walmart used to carry sturdy ones), Ziploc bags, or small plastic containers to use to separate supplies in your bag
5. a notebook for your car for mileage, notes, etc.
6. a GPS
7. Either carry a drug book or if you have a smart phone download "Epocrates". Its free and its the best drug resource book around.
8. a flashlight.
That's all I can think of for now. Good luck!
Last edit by paradiseboundRN on Jun 24, '13
: Reason: misspelling