4/09 UPDATE: OASIS hints and websites; Version C start 1/2010 - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 22, '07 by NRSKarenRNGreat link! Added to stickied resources.
Plan to use to orient new staff.Last edit by NRSKarenRN on Jan 22, '07
- Jan 22, '07 by henayneiCLNCjust for what I've been looking
- Jan 24, '07 by Mylifewhat is OASIS?
whats there to know about being a home health nurse?
i have a total of 2 years clinical experience in pediatrics and im looking for a change; something outside the hospital.
- Jan 24, '07 by NRSKarenRNQuote from mylifeoutcome & assessment information set (oasis) is an asessment information tool /form required to be utilized by medicare and medicaid certified homecare agencies to document clinical outcomes of each patient. it also determines payment for care for medicare patient sbased on patients functional, diagnosis and clinical status. how well one completes this multipage form (ours is 15 pgs) on admission, resumption of care post hospitalization, and discharge documents progress in getter better or lack thereof between admission and discharge from homecare services using a score.; also affects how much $$$ agency receives for care. this oasisdocument is transmitted to the state+ medicare and compared to other patients with same diagnosis across the us. the total outcomes by agency are publically reported measures quarterly posted on cms (medicare) website.what is oasis?
within the next 2 years, agencies will be payed more $ dependent on improvment in scores for patinets so very big deal. takes minimum of 45 min to 1hr15 min to complete this document.
- Feb 6, '07 by GYPSY1349Thanks for posting this...Seems like anytime we think we know all there is to know about OASIS, one more thing comes up!
I'm really surprised more home health nurses aren't posting on this website..We need to get the word out! There's so much about our daily lives we could share...Thanks again!
- Nov 9, '07 by jnetteGREAT LINK, Dutchy ! Woot ! You did it agin!
THANK YOU !
I just forwarded it to the owner/CEO of our agency. VERY informativer and useful!!!
(Just like YOU !) :chuckle
- Nov 10, '07 by Geordi486Thanks for posting this, I start my new job as a HHN on Tuesday. This will help me get a jump start on all the ins and outs.
- Apr 9, '08 by NRSKarenRN2008 case-mix refinement to the home health prospective payment ...(hh pps) 4/12/09 updated linkLast edit by NRSKarenRN on Apr 15, '09
- Aug 9, '08 by QueenAngieGreat resources! TYVM!