The Importance of Spirituality in NursingRegister Today!
- by nightingale Jul 27, '06Here is a great article regarding Spirituality in Nursing:
The Importance of Spirituality in Nursing
- 13,626 Views
- Jul 27, '06 by fgoffThanks for sharing this article!
Nurses need reminding that there are many patient care needs to be met and that some have more meaning than others.
- Jul 27, '06 by indigo girlI went thru several hankies reading this. It's a beautiful, but sad story.
- Jul 27, '06 by fgoffThere is a saddnes in the death of a loved child, but I see this story as very uplifting. This family though the actions of a nurse and other heath care professionals was given a spiritual peace that can help them mourn and (sorry to be trite) "get on with thier lives".
I have no right to feel this way be a I'm proud of the fact the patient here asked a her nurse to complete this important mission for her & her child.
I see that we (nurses) CAN make a difference and not just in the patient LOS.
- Aug 23, '07 by Kristjaan PannemanSpirituality and nursing are a good couple. I cannot do my work as a nurse when there is no spirituality in myself. I think that spirituality is a very important issue for patients at the hospital. It helps to heal when spirituality is the leading issue for our work as nurses.
kristjaan (The Netherlands)