Failed my Third Exit RN HesiRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Failed my Third Exit RN Hesi in HESI Exit Exam Help, part of Nursing Student ... Does anyone know if the Version 4 RN Exit Hesi is harder from the version 1,2,3? I feel real...by CareMare Feb 15Does anyone know if the Version 4 RN Exit Hesi is harder from the version 1,2,3?
I feel real terrible knowing I cannot pass this Exit hesi. I have to get >900. I have taken hesi tests after each of my nursing courses & I would average 700, but I would still pass the class because I would do well in my in class exams!
I have no idea how to get above a 900. I feel like Hesi questions differ from the NCLEX 4000 questions. When I am taking the hesi test I am always confused and I feel like 2 answers can be correct, and I end up choosing the wrong one!
Please help! I need & want to graduate in March!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=815816©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,245 Views
- Feb 17 by arlel58its gets harder as you moved to the next version.
- Feb 19 by Pink RabbitWhat study aids are you using other than the NCLEX 4000? Try Saunders or NCSBN learning extension.
NCSBN Learning Extension . NCLEX preparation . Continuing Education for Nurses . Nursing Faculty Education
- Feb 25 by texasstudent832I scored 1000+ on my exit HESI last month on the first try. My school requires a 900 as well. I can tell you how I studied.
To let you you know....you are right...the HESI questions are much different from NCLEX questions. So here is a "mini" explanation of how I studied:
1. I used a website called hesistudy.com. It's not a scam as I saw listed on another post. It helped me immensely because it has questions that are VERY similar to the style you see on the actual HESI. There are 100's of questions there. It gives thorough rationale, and there is also a study plan available.
2. I brushed up on CONTENT (pedi, OB, etc) through Saunders and NCLEX 4000. I made sure to read the rationales. The questions I missed I wrote out the rationale so I could go back and review it later. *OB was my worse subject before studying this way...I scored over 1500 on OB on the actual HESI*
3. I purchased the Evolve Hesi book...used it to also brush up with content.
If you have any questions feel free to ask!
- Feb 27 by 2bNurseMustangI was thinking of using hesistudy.com for a study tool...thanks for letting me know its not a scam. I Just scored an 823 on practice and Im totally bummed out about it...I don't wanna fail nursing school...I came so far
- Mar 1 by CareMareSo I took my 4th hesi, and I passed with 964! THANK YOU EVERYONE! I used hesistudy.com & the yellow comprehensive saunders book!
- Mar 2 by 2bNurseMustangCongrats^^^^^
- Apr 1 by sooz10Congrats! Passing Hesi is one of the greatest feelings in the world, you should be so proud of yourself!!
My school allows four chances to pass, I luckily passed the first time.. but have a lot of friends who have yet to be successful. They are about to take their 3rd exam.. and I've been doing everything I can (from moral support, to talking through questions) for some close friends. As a survivor of a 3rd exam, do you have any advice I can give them on how to be successful on this exam?!
- Apr 7 by cherrydora07congrats, i am in the process of preparing to take my 2nd attempt and i fell like the hesi review book minorly helped me! my first attempt was horrible and i ended up running out of time!