- by katrinad Dec 31, '12Do you get ponts towards your hesi score if you have a good Gpa. I am not happy how the test was set up. A lot of unanswered questions that the testing center could not answer .ty to everyone especialy haiden for your patience
- Jan 1 by x_factorQuote from katrinadIf depends on your school, each school is different in how much weight they hold with HESI scores. I would contact the specific school you are applying to, and talk to them about their admission policy reguarding HESI scores.Do you get ponts towards your hesi score if you have a good Gpa. I am not happy how the test was set up. A lot of unanswered questions that the testing center could not answer .ty to everyone especialy haiden for your patience
- Jan 2 by princesax11As the PP said it depends entirely on your school. For example, the ADN program I will apply to next year has a 100 point system that gives 25 points based on GPA, 35 points based on gen eds completed, and 40 points for the HESI. So my school weighs the HESI pretty heavy, but I have heard of other schools only requiring to have passed with a certain score and not factoring it into the admissions. Just call the school and check.
- Jan 3 by katrinadwell i found out I have to take it once again Oh lord and the whole thing you have to take the whole thing even if you passed the other sections ,I saw a lot of word problems not a strong point for me on the math. and fractions with multiple sets not in the study guide book, I also would like to know do you have to take the test in order i think if I do not get a 75 on math I am going to walk out lol why waste my time further if you get anything under 75 you FAIL. the critical I did in 15 minutes and scored a 90 -800 so can someone please tell me about the word problems and ty both for all your help I appreciate it emensley.
- Jan 3 by x_factorYour best bet is to just take your time and study thoroughly for it. For math, use videos from Khan Academy (just google the name, and it'll come up with their website), as well as Math.com.
The math on the HESI is very, very basic math, and is the type of math that will be required to know as you progress in nursing school with classes like pharmacology in which you'll be doing dosage calculations. Brush up on your math skills, take your time and prepare, and re-take the exam. Good luck.
- Jan 5 by katrinadI am already there and thank you .......Last edit by Esme12 on Jan 5
- Jan 5 by katrinadbtw you have to have a 75 in every section whether you score high on critical like me and others did not matter if any section is not 75 you are not excepted in that case I will do math first, and if I get a 74 I am not going to sit the whole 4 hrs when it will count anyway lol
- Jan 21 by katrinadHey there I am rescheduled on the 7 of this month. Is the second test harder than the first I am told by a friend that there are no mutiple choice words and you have to fill in the blaml have you heard anything about this and thank you for your time and have a blessed day