Notice in, moving forward.Register Today!
- by gloryfied Sep 7After 1 year and 7 months,
I gave my notice in to human resources/ management. I am moving forward.
The easiest thing about the decision was that I knew it was right. The hardest thing about the decision was that I didnt know what was next.
Whether nursing is for me or not, i do not know, but I do know that my year and 7 months at this hospital/state/environment/night shift has caused a great deal of anger, frustration, depression, anxiety,loss of hope and sadness in me.
Don't loose yourself for money, only and only if you dont have any value on yourself, in which I think everyone should. I mean well, by leaving. Fear of the future? nope...Ive learned alot about people, and life.
I just hope to find my passion soon, whatever that is. Till them. Ill be home reconstructing myself.......
looking forward to it.
Thanks for reading.
- Sep 7 by QueeenBI love this so much. Kudos to you. I wish I had the courage to do this. I just don't know what will happen next :/
- Sep 7 by 11RNThank you for sharing and sharing your courage. Some days I do wonder, yes, that I am losing my soul and self for money/job. I'm trying hard not to get burned out because I still love being a nurse and being able to give compassion and comfort to others.
- Sep 8 by Marshall1A few years back I was going through orientation at a hospital and the CEO said something to the effect that many in the room would spend more time with their coworkers at the hospital than at home with their families and laughed. I thought to myself "not this nurse" I always choose time over money because time, at least for me, is the one thing I know I cannot make up or get back. If that means I don't drive the newest car or have the most current phone, or the most expensive jeans, so be it. In the end, it will be the TIME I spent with my family/animals and enjoying life that will matter - not a Mercedes and an iphone - but that's just my preference. You will be fine.
- Sep 8 by gloryfiedThank you all for your words.
- Sep 11 by gloryfiedwill do.
when I gave my notice to manager, whether it was sincere, or not,(although I felt it was) he expressed how happy he is for me to make that decision, and decide to take care of me first and tthat it is a lost for them, but he wished me well and hoped I come back in the future.
I will definitely update you guys, with a hope that it inspires someone, because I never make moves without a plan B and this is a first without,