University of Hawaii-MEPN PROGRAM...anyone heard about it? - Page 15Register Today!
did you receive your email today? or was it on thurs/fri? thanks.
- Hi Eriggirl:
I got it Thursday night pretty late. It looks like they wrote it at around 6pm or after Hawaii time. I was in contact with Erik Anderson and he may have only been doing me a favor, so I wouldn't get worried yet if you've not been contacted. I explained to him that I have been abroad for 5 months and the mail will go to my Mother's address and takes forever as we are from a very small town (pop 100) in the midwest. I asked if there was any way to know once mailings were sent out so I could sort things out with other schools. So, the Email was from him and it may have been just being nice, though letters I think are going out in the next couple weeks, as he mentioned that in the same Email. So I would just not worry to much as perhaps those with special circumstances are being told a bit early. If you do make any contact, just don't mention anything about me or my post name personally as I don't want to be the one to cause a phone uproar. That would be ugly. Just ask if any news has gone out (or something like that) in a general tone. ThanksLast edit by hollownurse on Mar 20, '10 : Reason: edit
- What track did you apply to? I had my interview on March 3rd if that helps you out.
Thank you so much for your reply. My friend got a call on Thursday saying she was accepted to the program and I wasn't too sure if they were finished with their selection of people. I haven't heard any word from they yet so I have been quite nervous. I've been waiting the past two days and I haven't been able to concentrate on anything. Spring Break is next week, which means the UH campuses are all closed so I will be not be able to get in contact with Erik Anderson. Don't worry, I just sent an email to him yesterday asking him if they have finalized their selection, I will not mention any names =) It's good to know that letters will be going out in the next few weeks. I'm not sure if it's letters for those who have not been accepted to the program, but anything helps. At least I would have a definite answer from them so I can make plans for myself from there on. I actually had my interview last week, but I'm not really sure if that makes any difference at all in their selection. Well I will be sure to post of any news. Thanks again for you reply. I appreciate it.
- I totally understand and know the feeling of waiting. I am still nervous about a couple schools but I love this program and I can tell you do too so keep your hopes high. Just email Erik and he might be able to tell you something. He's pretty quick in replying.
- Mar 22, '10 by AjBobErigrl (and others waiting)
I was very stressed and found reasons to call the office, so I think the call was a favor/ "stop calling", lol. He said that letters would go out in a couple weeks for those accepted, so I'm still hoping for you
I will post when I get the letter, if it would help?
ps- chem is not a pre req to MEPN, but it is to most micro bio, sorry for the mix up.
- Mar 22, '10 by purleesCongratulations to those of you that have been accepted. It'll be a very hardworking year ahead. As a current MEPN student, I encourage you to travel and enjoy your time now. My classmates and I are excited to meet you during the orientation day to give you the MEPN survival 411. For now if you have any questions on books, scrubs, and other burning subjects private me.
If this year was not for you, I encourage you to continue working hard and you'll find your MEPN star soon. There's always next year!
- Mar 22, '10 by erigrl057Hollownurse ,
Thank you very much for your reply again. I will let you know if i hear any word from Erik. i am not expecting to hear from him in the next week to due spring break and the campus closure so hopefully i can get news soon. =)
Thanks for the heads up as to the acceptance letters. I would greatly appreciate it you could post when you do receive your letter. I know a few others who have receive a phone call saying they have been accepted so I'm not too sure as to why they are calling and emailing only certain people. If I do hear anything from Erik I'll be sure to post.
- Mar 22, '10 by AjBobPurlees, awesome! I'm so glad to hear that our wiser MEPN students are so supportive, it's really Great : ) I know I will have a million burning Qs to come... Like is there a listing or something for nursing students looking for roomates that are nurses too? (Im moving back) Is there a mentoring prog set up? If not would you and your classmates be up for starting one with our class? Where are the classes held, UH main campus? I heard it was some where else?? Any more advice that you wish u had had? What's ur track?
Mahalo! And see you soon 8D