KCC Grad/Current StudentsRegister Today!
- by augiebear Jun 10, '08Hi, im applying to KCC's nursing program and would like some info about the program and what previious grad/current students NLN scores were to get in. Any inside information would be helpful, thank you very much!!
- Jun 14, '08 by mcubed45http://allnurses.com/forums/f143/any...am-304205.html
couple threads down. i posted a bunch've info.
- Jun 14, '08 by augiebearthanks for replying, it's like a ghost town on here sometimes huh?? is it that there is not too many kcc hopefuls or graduates here.??.or is it that they are too lazy to register and help people but want to read everyone else's posts and replies...or that they just don't want to be helpful?? But, I notice that you are very helpful and post a lot of replies. Thank you so much!!!! I bet you are going to be a great nurse!!!
- Jun 14, '08 by mcubed45Quote from AUGIEBEARhonestly i think they just don't know about this forum. it's really too bad b/c AN is such a great resource. i've gotten such a valuable inside look at what being a nurse is REALLY like and it really helped me finalize my decision to pursue nursing. like i posted in the other thread, there's a couple nursing students/graduates that post on forumshawaii.net as well as here. the hawaii section on AN is pretty dead though so it's prolly easier to catch them on forumshawaii.thanks for replying, it's like a ghost town on here sometimes huh?? is it that there is not too many kcc hopefuls or graduates here.??.or is it that they are too lazy to register and help people but want to read everyone else's posts and replies...or that they just don't want to be helpful?? But, I notice that you are very helpful and post a lot of replies. Thank you so much!!!! I bet you are going to be a great nurse!!!
- Jun 15, '08 by northshore08Hi y'all. IMHO, I don't think it's about not knowing about the forum, I think the majority of talkstory here concerns getting/keeping/researching jobs.
I pretty much stay in other forums, and those areas have very active threads that cover lots of things I want to talk about. I peek into the Hawaii thread occasionally just to see if anything is cooking. I started a couple of threads here, like others, to find specifics about job related issues here in Hawaii.
But to stay on-topic.....I heard from nurses at work yesterday that KCC is a very strong program and graduates good nurses. So there!
- Jun 15, '08 by augiebearhey guys, thanks for your replies. Yes, there is a lot of valuable information on this site!! I have checked out the forums hawaii site and received great information as well. Thank you very much!:spin:
- Aug 14, '08 by Ap3x6Well, I'm a couple months behind on this thread but I am currently in the KCC ADN program. If there is anything you want to ask feel free to PM me, I will gladly answer any questions you have.
- Aug 29, '08 by love peace happinessDo you have any advice on getting in to the nursing program at KCC? Any advantages? What was your story like on how you got in? Thanks
- Aug 30, '08 by Ap3x6Quote from love peace happinessEvery program has its advantages and disadvantages. My main reason for going to KCC was because it was cheaper than UH, and a LOT cheaper than HPU. I think we pay around 1100 a semester, and total, around 9k for books and everything. Also, if you wanted to further your education past the associates it's an automatic acceptance into UH's BSN program.Do you have any advice on getting in to the nursing program at KCC? Any advantages? What was your story like on how you got in? Thanks
My advice would be to study. I'm not gonna lie, it's really competitive and I still sometimes wonder how I got in. You just have to want to become a nurse and study study study. Buy the NLN book and study that in your spare time too.
Have you started working on your pre-req's? Zool 141/142 and Pharm 203? Those are the "weeder classes." If you can make it through those with A's and B's you should be fine.
- Sep 5, '08 by mcubed45which students are at Kaiser this semester? saw a bunch've them in the cafe this afternoon (friday 9/5).