How do I get a HI RN licenseRegister Today!
- by nursejessi17 Mar 25, '11Hi, I'll be moving to the island of Oahu here in May of 2011 & was hoping someone would be able to direct me on how to get my Hawaii RN license. I'm currently a California RN license holder. Thank you for whatever you can offer! A specific site address with application would be helpful to.
- Mar 25, '11 by elkparkHave you looked at the HI BON website? Usually, all the info and forms you need to apply are posted there.
There is a link at the bottom of each screen here that takes you to contact information for all the US Boards of Nursing.
- Mar 25, '11 by nursejessi17Thanks for your reply! Earlier before I posted this question, I stumbled upon the site for the Hawaii board of nursing: http://hawaii.gov/dcca/pvl/boards/nursing
However when I go to it, it doesn't have any links that are useful to me or anything with applications. I'm a military spouse & am unable to call the number on the site since I'm currently living overseas & can only dial 800#'s. Not sure what to do???
Do you know approximately how long it may take to get a license?
- Mar 26, '11 by elkparkHere is the link to the instructions and application for applying for licensure by endorsement I found (easily) on the site ...
- Mar 26, '11 by nursejessi17Oh goodness!!! Thank you SO much! I very much appreciate your answer on this! I've looked everywhere!
- Jan 16, '12 by nataliestar8Jessica,
I am wondering if the above link worked for you? I tried it and cant get it to work. I am a RN in Washington state and trying to figure out how to apply for my HI RN license. I have also researched this and can't find any information on it. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.
- Jan 17, '12 by nursejessi17Hi Natalie!
Well, I've tried to play with the link & all I get is an Adobe update page??? It worked before which is odd. The girl "elk park" above was wrong... it's not as easy as you may think. I'm very computer savvy & had a hard time finding the site for the application. Of course Hawaii wants everything mailed in instead of online which is a pain, they need to update they're nursing board stuff for sure!
I'd maybe try to Google "hawaii nursing application" & see if another site has the application on it. If I remember right I just filled out the application for Hawaii & a 2nd application that I had to send with money to my "home" state board so Hawaii could verify my RN licensure with my home state. I had to write 2 different checks & did 2 different applications that were sent to 2 different places. I hope I'm not confusing you!
Good luck! I hope you find the application. If you need more help maybe I can help if you don't find it.
- Apr 4, '12 by EmmaHI've been looking into transferring my license to Hawaii. When hitting the link "apply by endorsement" on HI Board of Nursing site all I get is the Adobe page. Has anyone recently had success in applying for a HI license by endorsement, and if so, how did you go about doing it?
- Apr 4, '12 by nursejessi17Hi EmmaH,
I've successfully applied & got my hawaii nursing license (as above in the comments). But that was when the link was working. I'm not sure what to tell you to do but maybe to call the hawaii board of nursing & have them send you both forms that need to be filled out via mail. One for hawaii & one for your home state that your license was issued in. Both have separate checks that need to be written & mailed to two different places. I'm not sure why the link isn't working (as the girl also stated above) Is your Adobe program up to date? I know if you haven't updated the Adobe PDF for it to upload into, then sometimes Adobe won't load. Check your computer for updates maybe? I wish I had a better solution to this problem that hawaii needs to fix. ~ Jessica