Selection board 2012 for air force - Page 18Register Today!
- Jun 4, '12 by Jenks7Quote from ERMagsOmg... I hear u. Hard on the family too. Can't plan much for the summer or fall when I don't have any idea what is going on. Sad, I was told, no, promised, no later than June 1 for results..
Haven't heard from mine. I've been in a hideous mood this past week. Being in career limbo is really starting to take its toll.
- Jun 4, '12 by Jenks7.....
- Jun 4, '12 by ERMagsI'm just hoping to hear by the end of the week. Fortunately I don't work again until Friday so my patients won't have to suffer this mood.
Random question, does anyone know, if I initially said I'd take the signing bonus, am I locked into that? Or can I change my mind? I guess it doesn't matter if I'm not selected. I'd just rather get a bonus for my CEN every year rather than the initial bonus up front.
- Jun 4, '12 by jessa951Hey guys! I'm applying to the June boards for the NTP. I am currently in an accelerated nursing program at NYU. For the people who got selected already what are some of your stats (GPA, prior experience)? Do you all have any advice for me as a new applicant? This is my dream and I'm so excited to begin the journey!
- Jun 5, '12 by LN75Quote from jessa951Just in case you haven't found hem yet, there are 2 other forums where applicants for the NTP board have been posting and some of the previously accepted applicants from the past boards have answered questions on here for us. USAF 2012 NTP Board and July 2012 Air Force NTP Board are the forums...check em out. And good luck!!Hey guys! I'm applying to the June boards for the NTP. I am currently in an accelerated nursing program at NYU. For the people who got selected already what are some of your stats (GPA, prior experience)? Do you all have any advice for me as a new applicant? This is my dream and I'm so excited to begin the journey!
Sent from my iPad using allnurses.com
- Jun 5, '12 by Jenks7I'm sorry, I don't know much about the NTP board. I am applying for direct commission. Good luck though!
- Jun 5, '12 by jessa951ok thanks ya'll!! good luck
- Jun 10, '12 by TheresaRN86I am applying to become an AF nurse and was wondering what anyones feedback is.
I have 4 years experience, currently work in a neuro trauma ICU. Have charge nurse experience for a 43 bed ortho neuro med/surg floor, ACLS, TNCC. Currently in my MSN program with one year finished. I dont mind about bonuses or loan repayment or any of the incentives; I just want to serve. Just had my MEPS physical, havent heard back about anything!!! I want this so bad that if I don't get it I will be so depressed. I don't have any other hopes, just to become an AF nurse. Met with a recruiter a few times (wanted to go in as ICU but was med/surg at the time. Was told I would have a better chance of getting ICU if i went in as ICU, so I switched to get experience, and now I hear they are getting full???) Anyone have any advice?????
- Jun 10, '12 by ERMagsMy best advice is apply and whatever will be will be. And if you don't get selected, don't give up!! It was a 1.5 year process for me before I got selected. No one quite understands selection criteria. I personally believe they are looking for evidence that you are involved in your unit (you don't just clock in and out) and that you set an example as a leader, because that's how they want you to be if you are selected. So if there's anything you can do to beef up your resume in that regard, then that's what I would do (and did!). Hope that helps!
- Jun 10, '12 by Jenks7I am still waiting to hear either way and I am getting nervous. I have what I believe to be good experience plus prior military.. Not sure what to think at this point... Do u mind sharing your experience and what u think they are looking for? I will tell u that I have had my BSN for 10 yrs, ER for 8, clinical instructor and prior active duty corpsman in the Navy for 5 yrs..
Any encouragement appreciated..