Selection board 2012 for air force - page 16
by kdazzle 27,103 Views | 202 Comments
hello everyone, got a question. when applying for the 2012 nurse corp selection boards, are all the applicants all over the country competing with eachother or do you compete with just your region? i was told there were only... Read More
- 0May 6, '12 by heirn13RN4Life2,
Congratulations on everything! And best of wishes for you at COT. I was just curious about your commissioning ceremony. Where did you have it and what did you wear? I know, such girl questions......but what can I say?! LOL. I'm sure that you must have tons to do to get ready for COT. I can't wait to read about your adventures.
- 0May 6, '12 by ATLRN0828I know you are getting excited, RN4Life2. Even though I don't go until August, I'm getting excited too along with a lot of other emotions. I'm still waiting on my security clearance to come back. Did it take long for your clearance to come back? I can't proceed any further until my clearance comes back. In the meantime just working on things that I can like passports, exercise, medical/dental clearance, etc. Next month I'll really start cleaning and sorting through things. I can't wait to read your post when you update your experiences.
- 0May 7, '12 by RN4Life2I have not gotten word on my clearance but I was commissioned with knowing that if they are not giving me clearance then I have to give up my commission. I may not know about my clearance until I get my security briefing. That's how it was with enlisted. Are you waiting on congress to OK you? It has to pass both the reserve and active duty for congretional aproval. It's really just a formality that takes for ever.
- 0May 8, '12 by ATLRN0828Hi RN4Life2,I guess my recruiter is not doing it like that. She said I have to wait on my security clearance before actually commissioning. Do you know when you do you security briefing? I'm not even sure if I am also waiting on Congress. She didn't say anything about that.
- 0May 8, '12 by RN4Life2Officership can only be approved by congress because we are appointed by congress to lead, therefore there is a period called "scroll" when we wait for congress to approve it's new officers. This is regardless of career. Scroll can take up to 3-4 months. I received my reserve approval within a month and my active approval two weeks latter then commissioned the next week. As with security clearance, I am not sure if there is a difference between prior-enlisted and non-prior. This could be the discrepancy, otherwise the process is standardized and by the book. You have plenty of time though and I would not sweat it. As with the security briefing with enlisted, it was with in-prosessing at the first base. Relax..... everything will happen in their time.