Hi everyone! I apologize if this is a convoluted post, just looking for anyones experiences here...
Last fall, I began the application process for the Air Force NTP. I was then an associates-prepared RN, and the idea was to go to COT when I finished my BSN this May. Unfortunately, my recruiter sent me an email soon after that there was no budget for new RN's, and that if the spots opened up he would be in touch. Well, of course, then I was single, and now I'm not (don't get me wrong, not complaining) but now I'm not sure how I would like being away on COT and then deployment, and how it would work out with the relationship. So I'm considering Air Force or Army Reserve or Guard (Navy not an option- not a boat person!!) So here are my questions:
1. I hear AF NTP spots have opened up, is that true? Gotta admit, a little upset that he never told me this.
2. Whats everybody's experiences with active duty and significant others? The BF is not against moving around, and thinks I should follow my dreams, but I worry that might change if I'm deployed 6 months out of every 2 years.
3. Any recommendations as to Guard vs. Reserve, AF vs Army?
4. I'll be living in Houston soon, are their any Reserve/Guard vacancies that anyone has heard of?
5. Does anyone have recruiter contacts down there?
Ok, Sorry its so complicated, any help is appreciated!