Lackland AFBRegister Today!
- by heirn13 Jun 15, '12I am interested in any info I can get regarding Lackland AFB and the surrounding area. I will be stationed there (actually BAMC) for my first assignment in October. I am curious about where to live and neigborhoods with good schools for my kindergartener. Any advice would be appreciated.
- Jun 15, '12 by samm0705Are you already a nicu nurse in the airforce or are you going to lackland. This would be a great coincidence because I am a NICU nurse about to go to COT and will be station on Lackland AFB and is currently seeking schools in the area for my kindergartner.
- Aug 27, '12 by midinphxI don't have my kids with me here. But most families are moving up north San Antonio. Up I35 or up 281. Don't go South of 35. SeaWorld area is great - but commute would kill. I also like I10 and Huebner area - but the traffic can be rough. It's a great family friendly area.
- Sep 2, '12 by superman07I am stationed at Lackland and working in SAMMC. We are living in Cibolo. We have a kindergarten and 2nd grader going to Randolph elem. It takes me about 15-20 min. To drive to SAMMC. This is a very nice place for kids.
- Sep 5, '12 by CRF250XpertI lived past Seaworld (past 211 & 90 actually) and drove to BAMC and Ft. Sam daily with no problem. If you work banker's hours - you would suffer. If you are medical and go in at 0500 - no problem with traffic.