Do you have 12 hour shifts at your VA?Register Today!
- by theVaway Jan 30, '09Just starting working and heard that different VA's have different tours. We have 8s and are working on 12s. Please share
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=366540©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 898 Views
- Jan 30, '09 by athena55Hi theVaway!
I worked at VISN3 and the med/surg floors had eight hour shifts
I worked in the ICU and we had 12 hour shifts.
When I retire from the Military I will most probably go back to the VA
athena PS I just LOVE your member name!
- Jan 30, '09 by exnavygirl-RNI work for the MS Gulf Coast VA. ICU and ER have 12 hour shifts. Acute care (where I work) has 12's and 8's. Long term care and Extended care has only 8's. Psyche (I believe) has only 8 hour shifts. Hope this helps!
- Jun 2, '12 by theVawayUpdate- lost all 12s
- Jun 5, '12 by Spoiled1I recently applied for a VA position in NC. Did the entire VA system go to 8 hour shifts?
- Sep 26, '12 by anjib828I would like to know this too as my friend was hired by the VA and they originally told her 7p-7a but called her and told her 3p-11p... We both start the same day but they haven't told me that they changed my shift...