*Posted this on goarmy but havent received any responses. Hope to hear some great feedback allnurses!
Been comtemplating for a while now between the different branches and what they offer.
As stated above, i am currently a licensed nurse (LVN, california), graduated from Concorde Career College (no degree)
and in big desperation to figure out what i want/need to do.
I have met up with a recruiter yesterday and was able to get some decent information but since i am interested in the medical side of things, it was a bit hard for me to get the answers from whom that didnt have much experience in that field.
**I wasnt able to find any AMEDD recruiters around my area (Chino Hills, CA 91709) so if any of you know of someone please send me a private msg, i will greatly appreciate it**
- Since i do not have a degree, i want to further study and get my bachelor of science (preferrably in nursing), & become a officer, eventually. And move up in that platform
- Preferrably stay near home to assist my parents, have some sort of stability (financially,etc)
1) From what i researched, army is the only branch accepting LVN/PNS currently, while the other branches require a 4yr degree, is this true?
2) Talking to my recruiter, i believe he said he would place me in the ranking of E-3. Is this valid?
3) When i attend and complete the 68W schooling, would i be rewarded the m6 identifier *since i already have my license
4) Can you go from Enlisted to Officer? And is it possible for me to join the reserve and go to school to get my degree? Or is it really difficult?
Have any of you gone through this program (https://www.goarmy.com/amedd/educati...education.html
5) Any information on ACASP program?
I just really want to be able to serve my country, experience the life of a soldier, and help those in need.
Any additional information would be great! Thank you for taking the time to read this and i hope to hear from you all soon!!