Buying Uniforms help for ASUs ArmyRegister Today!
- by leekun2010 Sep 21, '12For anyone here who already bought the new class A blue uniform, where are good places to start looking to buy all the components of this uniform type? I want to get a headstart in buying this however I feel lost as to what is needed. Your help and input will be greatly appreciated.
Can anyone recommend places where can I buy class A's ? Also, how does sizing work when it comes to ASU's? Thank you very much.
- Sep 21, '12 by SycamoreGuyMarlow White and AAFES are really the only two legitimate places to buy ASUs. I prefer Marlow White, they have commissioning packages that have everything you will need. If you have the money go for the premium fabric, its worth the extra money and looks noticeably better.
- Sep 21, '12 by SoldierNurse22Marlow White quality is definitely good, but I've noticed that there are better opportunities for discounts (should you need alterations) and that the uniforms fit better when bought and altered in person.
- Sep 22, '12 by LunahRNAgree about Marlow White, premium fabric, and in-person alterations. Also wanted to add -- don't go to any random civilian tailor to have your ASUs fitted -- make sure you go somewhere near a base/post, even if it's a drive for you. It's worth it because those folks know how your uniform needs to look.
- Sep 23, '12 by SycamoreGuyAlso, if you go the AAFES route leave the tags on if you plan on taking it to the uniform shop for alteration or they wont take them (or at least they wont on Ft. Knox)