Army AECPRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Army AECP in Government / Military Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... I just wanted some information on AECP, because I would like to start getting my packet together. I...by sgtauggie Jan 6, '10I just wanted some information on AECP, because I would like to start getting my packet together. I have went to the website and looked at the info. I just wanted to know first hand from some people who have been there. I am dual military and my husband is trying to get into a school in Fort Sam this year. We are currently stationed in Fort Sill, Oklahoma and I would like to apply to a college here for AECP since I am not sure if he will be accepted or not. What i would like to know is, if I get accepted to the AECP program and to a college here in Oklahoma and my husband goes to San Antonio to PCS, will I be able to change my school from Oklahoma to a school in San Antonio and still be able to do the AECP as long as its 30 days before I start the school? I have a family and I would like to know if its better to wait till my husband figures out where he goes or start my packet now and see if they are able to let me change schools just in case he moves.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=448305©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 15,565 Views
- Feb 22, '10 by wanabesearenayDid you get your packet in for FY11? Did you have to have all tabs done pre board meeting?
- Apr 16, '10 by kilo_soldierSGT Auggie
I just applied for FY11 and currently awaiting the board. Some where in the guidelines, it states how many days you have to submit the post board information which includes your acceptance letters. You have until 1 Feb 2011 to submit your packet. I'm sure your husband will have an answer by then. Also, the recruiters for AECP are very helpful.
- Jun 10, '10 by aggie nursei was stationed in fshtx and many schools do not take transfers from other upper level programs jr/sr year students. i know texas tech, ut, ut tyler and utsa do not except case by case situation. i was working these programs hard so when you get into a program stay. they already have wait list for students that did not get into their upper level. nursing school does not start until jr. year. to you all i just graduated in may 2010 and test nclex on the 30 of june. the biggest error most soldiers make they focus too much on the board and do not put enough effort on their effort of getting into a nursing program. many nursing programs look at their students that have been there for at least 2 yrs first then consider transfers. i was not on the primary aecp list but so many on the primary did not get into their schools. i was just like you all stressing over the application process, but the good gs staff at the aecp informed me to pick at least five schools make sure my gpa prereqs were at least 3.0. since i started much has changed more schools know the program and the great soldiers that have come before you and make more schools take a soldier with a weak gpa due to our past performance in the programs. i am male many schools want more males in nursing. good luck!!
- Aug 7, '10 by kilo_soldieraggie nurse,
Which schools did you apply to? How was the process after you got selected into the AECP?
- Aug 7, '10 by aggie nurseWayland Bapt. San Antonio, Texas Tech, UT Tyler, UAB, NC A&T. Many soldiers go to ODU and Austin Peay SU because they have military programs and retired staff. Wayland San Antonio is military friendly too. I got in that program but it was the very first class on S.A. campus and I needed to finish one more prereq and I did not want to remain under the microscope of AMEDD. The class was about 75% AECP. I am sure every instructor at Ft. Sam and retiring M6 at BAMC apply to Wayland now.
- Aug 9, '10 by kilo_soldierThanks for your response. I was accepted in the AECP for FY11 and so far have only been accepted in to Alcorn State University for Fall 2011,but I would like to attend a program that is either accelerated or begins in the Spring.
- Aug 10, '10 by kyexplorerI was also accepted into the AECP FY11. I just looked at Wayland's website, but all I see is a 4-year BSN or an RN to BSN program. I do not have an RN. Do they have something AECP-friendly that is just not posted? Thanks in advance!!
- Aug 10, '10 by aggie nurseYou must contact the Wayland San Antonio campus for BSN. The Dean's clerk was outstanding with the process. Good luck and remember the getting into school is your primary objective! It is better now with AECP and schools since I applied. The schools are aware of how well trained and advance the combat medic is. We are light years ahead of the average nurse in clinicals.
- Aug 10, '10 by aggie nurseKilo I was told back in March by LTC Price that AECP does not allow accelerated programs. It may have changed under MAJ Snyder. You should email him and ask. NC A&T in Greensboro has a program contact DR. McCoy.