Army AECP - Page 3Register Today!
- Aug 18, '11 by Joker269MPCOThe Board has already met and released the results for the FY2012 AECP. The next board wont be untill August 2012 and that will seclect the FY13 AECP. THis is all from the MILPER MESSAGE that released the latest results.
- Aug 21, '11 by kilo_soldierYep, that is correct. Congrats to those who were selected. The easy part is over. Good luck.
- Mar 4, '12 by mrskswayAnyone applying to the AECP for FY 13? Just wondering what is the lowest GPA anyone has gotten accepted into nursing school with...also wondering if anyone has run into residency issues when applying to universities?
- Mar 6, '12 by kilo_soldiermrsksway,
I think my Army GPA was a 2.8 or a 2.9, can't remember, but for the schools that I applied to it averaged between a 3.0-3.4. Having acceptance letters before the board is what helped me get selected I think. As far as residency, most universities allow military members to claim residency if they are stationed near there. The local ROTC might be able to help, but I would say work with the admissions/bursars office.
- Mar 27, '12 by shmegan20Kilo_soldier... I have been working on this packet for FY 13 for quite some time... I talked with the AECP program manager once on the phone and by email. She is very difficult to get ahold of. I feel like I have specific questions and was looking for someone who could offer some insight into this process.
- Mar 30, '12 by kilo_soldiershmegan20,
I can try to assist you as best I can, but I know some of the requirements have changed since I was accepted. I think It might be too late to submit your 2013 packet. I think the deadline was 1 March 2012.
- Jun 17, '12 by mrskswaythanks for the info....I have a 3.42 GPA, so hopefully that makes me competitive enough. I am in the process of trying to apply to nursing schools...just looking for some to get into that's not overly taxing. To get early acceptance, most schools I have looked at are requiring a 3.5 GPA which is what lead me to my first question. Packet deadline is 30 June...so I am transitioning to school acceptance mode since my packet is complete.
- Jun 18, '12 by kilo_soldiermrsksway
Don't forget to contact Austin Peay University and Old Dominion. I know they are willing to send you a conditional acceptance letter if you meet their requirements. Alcorn State University sent me an acceptance letter pretty early, so I was able to send that in just before my board, so make sure you send whatever you get from a school in ASAP to strengthen your packet.
- Jun 18, '12 by kyexplorerAs of last summer, Old Dominion's tuition had gone over the AECP cap and they were unable or unwilling to waive the rest. Maybe they've figured out how to do it, but they didn't seem like they planned to try.
- Aug 3, '12 by dccubanoLess than a month to start my program. Good luck my AECP people.