AF April/May 2012 FQ Board - Page 6Register Today!
- May 26, '12 by rndiver82I haven't heard a thing either, but this was how it went last board as well. Don't know if it's just coincidence, but that board was right at Thanksgiving, so it seems like they meet around major holidays so they can make a decision then flee, leaving people holding their breaths. But we heard the following week one way or another. And as far as three spots, that is what my recruiter told me was still open for ER as of March, and if those spots were filled, he wouldn't have wasted my time in sending my application. He's been pretty up front with me through these processes, but there's only so much they can do. And trust me, he recruited his wife and hates waiting as much as we do to find out one way or the other.
- May 30, '12 by rndiver82Spoke with my recruiter today, nothing new. Says the board is meeting this week due to Memorial Day holiday (which I figured!), so it may be a few days or a few weeks before we know anything. Sorry, but we're still in the hurry up and wait portion of the selection process.
Anyone else hear differently? How are we all faring out there besides being antsy?
- May 30, '12 by Jenks7Spoke with mine yesterday. Was told everything was done last week and now just waiting for the release of selections. Also told should be no later than Friday.
- May 30, '12 by ERMagsMy recruiter also said they met last week and he expects a decision any day now. So I'm not sure what to think! Just praying for a selection no matter what!
- May 30, '12 by rndiver82Then I'm hoping your recruiters are right and mine was told wrong. Which wouldn't suprize me one little bit.
Gotta love military life.
- May 31, '12 by Jenks7Wonder if they will let us know tomorrow or make us wait another week?? This is getting frustrating. Any news otherwise?
- May 31, '12 by destiny2k5Hey guys, my recruiter says there's no word yet..but would expect results another week. I feel as anxious as you guys but it's all a waiting game! hang in there everybody..as we will know very soon! *crossing fingers* hopes and prayers to us all! Best of luck! Let me know as soon as you guys find out any news...
- Jun 1, '12 by rndiver82Hey there destiny2k5! You're a new name so you must tell us about yourself!!!
I haven't heard anything either, I'm thinking we'll hear something more along the lines of next week. Just try to keep positive thoughts....yeah, can't keep along those line cause I'm just as frustrated as you guys. Hopefully we'll know something soopn either way. Cause this waiting sucks.
Either way, I'm calling the recruiter in the AM for a little more info on a Plan C should I not get chosen...
- Jun 1, '12 by Jenks7Ready to pull my hair out. They should not be telling us that we will have an answer no later than June 1!! The first is here, where's our answer??
- Jun 1, '12 by rndiver82Um...Jenks? You said you were former military right? Shouldn't you be used to this? I agree that if they give us a date it's be nice if they honored it, but this IS the military.
Plus, I was told we should know something by the 1st, but that was when the board should have met May 7th. With the board getting pushed back to the 24th (or whenever they met) it should not be a shock that we haven't heard anything. So try to leave some of your hair alone and try to have a relaxing weekend. We'll probably hear something next week.