AECP Army FY 13 CandidateRegister Today!
- by shmegan20 Mar 27, '12I am currently an active duty soldier that is in the process of putting together my AECP packet which is due June 30. There isn't anyone in my unit or that I know that can relate or understand this process. I am looking for anyone that has insight and could answer some specific questions about this process....
- Apr 3, '12 by shmegan20Thank you for responding but I have already printed all the guidelines and everything. I am super organized and pretty much know what is expected. I finally talked to the program manager yesterday and got some specifics answered. What it boils down to is that nobody around me one knows what the AECP is and two how to provide any guidance in the process. It is not a packet that you can just throw together. Are you having any issues with it? It would be nice to correspond with someone that is doing the same thing I am and I am still hoping there is someone out there that has been accepted before and willing to share some tips good luck
- Apr 3, '12 by cassie_22I was accepted for FY12. I can answer some questions you may have. You said you got ahold of the program manager (SFC Carment McDavitt) yesterday. I've been trying to contact her. What contact information did you use to get her?
- Apr 3, '12 by shmegan20The same #s but she has been in Germany that's why she wasn't answering phones or emails. She said she will be in the office all this week . Do you have an email so maybe I could ask you some specifics?
- May 29, '12 by dccubanoIs there anyone in your units HR office that can help. I found their assistance very helpful in my packets assembly for FY12.
I do think the packet guidelines for FY13 are much more helpful than FY12. You are actually given examples for all the memos and essay that are to be included in your packet, some thing that was not provided for my applicant pool.
Feel free to private message me for any info.
- Jul 24, '12 by LntramelQuote from shmegan20I am currently an active duty soldier that is in the process of putting together my AECP packet which is due June 30. There isn't anyone in my unit or that I know that can relate or understand this process. I am looking for anyone that has insight and could answer some specific questions about this process....
So I sent in my packet and I have my figers crossed since August is around the corner. Do you know how many peole are usually accepted? I am very nervous about the acceptance rate. I too have noticed that not too many people know about this program, so I am hoping the odds are in our favor. Do you have all you prereqs done?
- Jul 24, '12 by dccubanoI think there were about 40 that were selected for FY12. There were also alternates that could step in if any of those individuals selected failed to complete prerequisites or get accepted into an accredited school. I have no idea how many packets were submitted.
- Jul 24, '12 by jeckrnI do not know the offical number but talking with one of my techs who apply the number is around 20-25 if his info is right. I also heard that the number was going to be less then last year from some senior officers while attending a school at AMEDD C&S.