Totally Had One of Those Days :( - page 2
My pleasently confused little old man pulled his peg-tube completely out this morning! The CNA, who I thought was familiar with the resident, was apparently not familiar with the resident's abdominal... Read More
1Mar 21, '10 by Schmoo1022Quote from teeniebertBlahhhh...a happy yellow sign taped to the employee entrance door..."Survey In Progress"...
0May 24, '10 by proudtobeRN777Quote from Nuievecant believe ...same things used to happen to me every day ...every single thing .... cant believe more facilities exist like mine...- being 2 weeks new nurse
- a 1 hour meeting in the beginning of shift.
- a new admit (my 1st one that I actually did a part of... assessment and documentation)
- start medpass 2.5 hours into the shift
- wandering/missing pts, half of them... have to run around the whole facility to find them
- everyone suddenly all needy and in pain or just losing their marbles for no reason at all
- A&I just when I started catching up (never done these before)
- understaffed NACs... 2 for 27 pts... one of them is slow, lazy and annoying
- one of the NACs walking away 1.5 hours before the end of shift with only 1 left
- another res screaming for help 24/7 and falling down the bed every two hours (we have mats under her bed, so it doesn't count)
- a brand new (inexperienced) nurse as a partner on the other side of the hall
It wasn't fun.
0May 24, '10 by JenniferSewsI walked in a few minutes early last week to find 3 people on the floor! One needed to be transported, the other two were okay. But I was awake and alert and ready for my shift after all that adrenaline!
0May 26, '10 by scoochyQuote from NurseLoveJoy88I cringe whenever I hear: " _______ is on the floor!" When there is a fall on the unit to which I am assigned, it usually occurs right before shift change....grrrrr!!!how about 4 falls in one shift!!