RN Thinking about moving to SavannahRegister Today!
This is a discussion on RN Thinking about moving to Savannah in Georgia Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Hi, I have been an Lpn for 3 years and and Rn for a year. I work in Corrections and dialysis. I...by Erikadawn RN Apr 27, '12Hi, I have been an Lpn for 3 years and and Rn for a year. I work in Corrections and dialysis. I have seriously been considering moving from Philadelphia to Savannah. Can anyone offer any insight on job availability or places to live.Thanks any info is appreciated.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=703482©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 852 Views
- I lived in the greater area for 6 years. My last 2 years I lived in Brunswick and commuted up to Sav but it was a long commute after being up all night. You will prob want to live outside the city as there is quite a lot of crime, gangs, and bad areas. Most of the nurses that I worked with lived at least 20-30 minute commute away. I did some juvenile corrections work on the side while there-I would go to the state website to search for jobs. They seemed to always be hiring back then! Have you visited there? I personally don't like to live in the city but I wanted to work at the level one trauma center so commuted.
You can always travel nursing to see if you like the area and get a feel for where to live!
- Apr 28, '12 by Erikadawn RNThanks for the info. I had friends in Pooler and I liked the other areas. I'm gonna keep looking.
- I have a friend that lives in that area too! any specific place you are looking to? or do you mean another city to look at?
- Apr 28, '12 by Erikadawn RNI really like Savannah, but maybe in the smaller towns surrounding it. I need a good place for children to live.
- def not anywhere near downtown then. we lived out in the country for a few years too-nice to have room but the schools weren't great, or the attitudes. old town sav is nice but only rich people live there! good luck in your choice!
we have lived all over and haven't found somewhere we would really like to stop moving and call home. I think where we are now outside of seattle is prob the best we have had.
- Apr 29, '12 by cjohnsonrnI moved from Savannah 4 years ago and would move back in a hearbeat. There are plenty of great places to live in Savannah without moving further out and increasing your commute. I lived in a better part of Georgetown that has a good school. My family lives in Southside and it's nice there. You just have to know where to go. Memorial is great to work for! If you have any other questions let me know. I still have my house there just in case I can leave here!
- Apr 29, '12 by Erikadawn RNI have been visiting there since I was a child and I love it. I graduated from Excelsior so there are more steps to get my RN license. I am trying to find out how difficult it is. How is the job market and what area are good school districts found. I was looking into a VA job, so the license thing wouldn't hold me back. But so far I have not seen any openings.
- May 2, '12 by LunahRNI live in Richmond Hill, and it takes me no time at all to get to Savannah. Let me know how the licensing goes for you!