Kennesaw State Fall 2011 - page 28
I just applied to Kennesaw State's program for Fall 2011. I thought it would be fun to do a roll call to see who else is out there beginning the waiting game!... Read More
Can some of you who were recently accepted to the accelerated program please tell me a few things? Overall GPA? Math & Sci GPA? 7 of 12 pre-req GPA? TEAS score? Other items you know they took into account that helped you get in? Were any of you accepted on your first time applying? Did anyone get in with an overall 3.3 GPA?
I am signed up to take the TEAS March 16. My overall GPA is 3.31, 5 Math & Sci is 4.0, and I have one more class to take for the 7 of 12 pre-reqs GPA and that will either by a 3.86 or a 3.71. Do you think my chances are okay? Any advice and wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!Last edit by nutrizun on Feb 9, '12
gtqueen, can you tell me what your GPAs were and TEAS score was and if you got in on your first application to the accelerated BSN program? I am applying for Spring 2013.
Math & Sci 4.0
7 of 12 will be 3.71 or 3.86
I am signed up to take TEAS on 3/16.
Thanks so much.
Feb 9, '12 by gtqueen371Nutrizun,
I got into the program on my first attempt with the following:
7 of 12: 3.88
The interview is also a large part of the process. I prepared extensively for my interview. As they were asking me questions, there was only 1 question that I had to come up with an answer on the spot. All of my other answers had been prepared ahead of time. I prepared answers for about 25 potential questions, and they asked me around 10.
Feb 9, '12 by danceluver@gtqueen371: Do you recommend any good websites or resources with practice questions for the interview so we can prepare well for it? you've been a great help so far, thank you!!
Thanks so much for your response, gtqueen. You've been so helpful! Do you know where we can find sample questions? Where did you get your 25 questions from? I am going to sign up for a mock interview next week.
Feb 9, '12 by gtqueen371The mock interview is a great resource! They will ask you similar questions to the ones in the interview. It is a behavioral interview, meaning that they will ask open-ended questions and expect you to answer questions based on your experience. For example, "Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement and how you resolved it." Before I applied, I found a list in one of the threads on this website. This is the list I found plus a few more that I came across:
* The interview is centered around what they believe to be important qualities for a nurse: leadership, customer service oriented, compassion, ethics, problem-solving, etc...
1. Why have you chosen nursing, what lead to here?
2. What experience do you have in the medical field, if any?
3. Name an ethical situation you have been in and how you handled it.
4. Name a situation that influenced a change in your personal morals.
5. Describe a time when you showed compassion.
6. Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision.
7. Tell me a situation where you showed integrity.
8. Tell me a situation where you had to be flexible.
9. Tell me a situation where you showed good decision making.
10. Tell us about a time you had a difficult patient/customer and how you resolved it.
11. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
12. How do you time manage?
13. Tell us about a time when you made a mistake.
14. Tell us about a time you showed leadership.
15. Why do you feel you would be a good nurse?
16. Nursing school is hard, how do you know you are prepared to be a nurse?
17. Tell me about yourself (Relate this to WHY you are here, interviewing for KSU nursing, etc)
18. Why have you chosen KSU?
19. Tell me a time when you were faced with a difficult situation and how you handled it.
20. Tell me about a time when a coworker was not pulling his/her weight on your team.
21. What would make us pick you over someone else for this opportunity?
22. What do you think makes a good nurse?
* Have a few questions prepared to ask them at the end!
Hope these help! You can also google "behavioral interview" for more questions.