Kennesaw Spring 2013 applicants - page 42
It seems way early to be posting this, but the application deadline actually isn't too far away. Is anyone else applying to KSU for spring 2013 admission? I've requested to be considered for the traditional and accelerated... Read More
- 0Oct 11, '12 by triciah2005Jlola, I am. I'm in Chem 1152 right now, with lab and also taking online fitness for living. The only class I will have left after this semester is Econ, I think I will take that in the summer! Is anyone on the board in Gabriel's M/W 3:30 to 4:45 1152? I thought I heard a couple of people in their had interviews...
- 1Oct 11, '12 by wisdomhunterRaquel30, I'm also in Tresham's M/W class. Are you in lab after Monday? I hate that I may actually be seeing some of you and not know who you are because of our names on here
I also have some general ed to finish in the summer and I'm doing my last prereq - A&P II - right now. I just bought my stethoscope. So excited! Oh, and I know we were talking about the CPR course before, and a couple of us are already signed up for the October 29th one at the Marietta campus of Chattahoochee Tech. Anybody want to join? You have to just google it and there's a number to call and sign up.
- 0Oct 11, '12 by racquel30Wisdomhunter, Yes I am in your class and lab! I think we spoke a few weeks ago when we were having interviews. It's just hard to remember who everyone is, especially when we've been talking online. So I would love to join someone for CPR. I'm also in class all day on Monday so the 29th doesn't work for me. Contenta, November 15th actually works perfectly for me so I will probably call soon and sign up. It would be nice to get to know at least a few people before we start!
Andrea0220, I feel the same way. I'm just starting to realize that I've actually been accepted, sometimes it hard to comprehend lol. All I can think about is orientation and when we will actually be starting the program! I'm so excited for this entire process we all have ahead of us and I can't wait to meet everyone!
- 1Oct 11, '12 by uga_belleFor those accepted, I would wait on your CPR until December. You are required to have the healthcare certification ; however, this is good for 2 years and if you take it too early, you will have to take it again in your 5th semester. For accelerated students, it won't affect you since you are allowed to take clinical classes your 1st summer and you will graduate before the deadline.
Hold tight! We will do our best to answer all your questions about what is due.
You will receive paperwork with all the requirements needed before you start. The drug test needs to be done when you start school, not before. You can sign up for the background check, but hold off on the drug test. The FB page we create will be very helpful and the Board will be posting things for you all.
I also recommend going to http://www.ganursingstudents.org/60t...onvention.html
Our 60th Annual GANS Convention will be next week. If anyone of you are available any of the days, I highly recommend attending. It will so give you an edge and get you acclimated in a way. There should be over 600 nursing students attending from around the state. There are breakout sessions that pertain to specific fields of nursing. There is an exhibit hall with with over 30 vendors including hospital recruiters. You can start thinking about those Externships and seeing what you need to do. A lot of this job is networking and being informed so this is a wonderful way to get your foot in the door! Also, you will be able to meet some of the older classmates and you can hang with us and we can start filling those heads with all sorts of things. Are you overwhelmed yet???
If this is something you may be interested in or if you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are so excited for you all!!!
- 0Oct 11, '12 by uga_belleAfter everything settles down, you can ask to meet with Fran and see what you need to work on. Get the A in micro. Also, if your TEAS is below 80, retake it. She will look at your scores and and see where you might need help. It could be something as simple as the interview. You are ranked against everyone else. There isn't exactly a set cut off. It is how you fall on the spectrum against all the other candidates.
Don't be discouraged! Just try again! Believe me! it will happen!