Gwinnett Tech Nursing Program 2012 kaplan exam - Page 3Register Today!
- i meant *there is not a particular prt in the comprehension that is confusing me.
- ooo i wanted to ask one last question that i had a problem with in the math sample that saadia sent
Is something wrong with this problem?
The physician orders codeine 60 mg and aspirin X grains. Each codeine tablet contains 15 mg of codeine. Each aspirin tablet contains 325 mg of aspirin. Which of the following should the nurse administer? (Round the number up to the nearest whole number)
A. 2 codeine tablets and 4 aspirin tablets
B. 4 codeine tablets and 3 aspirin tablets
C. 4 codeine tablets and 2 aspirin tablets
D. 3 codeine tablets and 3 aspirin tablets
Why am I not getting 360? all you do is solve for X. HELP!!! lol
If X/5 + 3 = 75, then X equals ______. Answer: X = 360
- 15mg times 4 gives you 60mg of codeine. But I am still trying to figure out how she came up with 2 tablets for the aspirin.
subtract 3 from 75. 5 times 72 equals 360.
- Thats exactly what I was doing but my calculator kept giving me 372....clearly I did something....but ok I knew how to do it but i was doing sumtin wrong!!.....buttt yeaaaaaaa the asprin is what is giving me problems there has to be an error!
- Yeah, I am definitely not getting the answer. Sorry. There might an error. Or maybe we are just overlooking what we are suppose to be doing. I would send Saadia a message if you really want to figure it out though.
- naw ill just leave it alone. I really think its an error i asked my sister also along with my mom and they are saying the same thing! . but thankkkkkkkkkkk you though for the help! really appreciate it. gudluck with your studyin! I will be going to barnes and nobles early today and study that science man! and practice the comprehensions!
- Mar 14, '12 by MelisFri1 grain =60mg. 'X' grains=10. 10 times 60=600mg. ordered mg/avail mg= 600/325mg=1.8 tablets or round up to two. I struggled with this for weeks!
- Thank you. Where did the 10 come from?
- yea where the 10 came from?
- Wow, I was thinking X meant find the term, but it seems like "X" might be the roman numeral for 10 in this equation. But how were we suppose to know that. That to me seem like abbreviations nurses may use and we are no where near that level.