GSU Traditional Nursing (2 or 3 years)
- 0Dec 31, '11 by tobyntotoI have been debating between GSU's traditional vs. ACE program. I would love to start the traditional program, but i have been hearing different things about the length of the program. Does the program last 2 years or 3 years?!!!!
I would really appreciate it someone can provide me with the correct answer.
- 0Jan 2, '12 by tobyntotoThanks Kaysmom and hlee for your reply.
My only concern is that I have already taken some courses that are part of the curriculum for traditional nursing. (ex, HIST, POLS, Human growth, nutrition and etc).
If I go on the traditional route, would I have to re-take these courses?
- 0Jan 2, '12 by hleeI don't think you need to take the courses over again. The only course you HAVE to take at GSU are the Human devp and communication/cultural diversity class. Other courses like HIST POLS ENGL classes will transfer. I am guessing you'll have a lighter load than your other trad nursing classmates. I am starting Trad program this coming spring so I will start in a week! I already have all my classes( HIST, ENGL, PHIL, POLS, and etc..)finished as well, expect for the two that are required to take at GSU.
- 0Jan 12, '12 by breezy7Does anyone know which path will allow me to take classes only 2-3 days a week? I work a bartending job as well, which is totally manageable along with a heavy workload, since it doesn't involve any work outside of my shifts. Still, I'd like to be able to work 4-5 days a week to support myself.
Also, does anyone know if transportation is provided/easily accessible to clinicals? I don't have a car, and it's been impossible to get in touch with someone.
- 0Jan 12, '12 by hleeHello breezy7. I just started my traditional program this semester and during orientation our advisors did tell us if you don't have a car, you should really get close to your classmates and someone who will be in your clinical. We get assigned to clinicals randomly. ( Not randomly because the advisor and falculty assign you but they match your schedule and other things. im not sure how it exactly because I am starting clinical in the fall.) Anyways, they said some sites might not have access to marta and such things so you will need to carpool. Also, I am only taking 3 classes this semester because I am in the traditional program and have most of my pre-req done( eng, foreign language, pols and such things) I go to school only 2x this semester. But I was looking at last years fall schedule to get an idea of my fall schedule coming up and it will get a lot busier even though I am traditional program i think i will have classes most of the days ( at least 3x a week plus clinicals) As far as Ace program students I believe they are taking 4 or 5 classes with skills lab and clinicals this semester. Again, not sure about ace program because Im in the trad. Sorry if this was too long. I hope this helps! Good luck!!