GSU Fall 2012 - Page 43Register Today!
- Jul 15, '12 by GSUhopefulstudentCONGRATS TROOP!!!!!!! I knew you would get off the waiting list! I'm sooo happy for you!
I'm in need of some advice guys. Is anyone going to be working and doing the program? I will be working in the mornings on campus from 8-1 MW and then going to our path and concept. class. I will also be working on fridays and thursdays afternoon which makes it a total of 20 hours. Do you guys think this is too much? I'm worried :/ I'll only be taking 12 credit hours. Honors philosphy, patho, concept, nurs2010 and snhp 3000.
- Jul 16, '12 by breezy7CONGRATS, TROOP!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to meeting you in a month!! I have a feeling I'm nearing the cap on federal loans, as well. Is it determined by credit hours?
I bartend 30-35 hours a week and am doing the program as well, GSUhopeful. It's non-negotiable for me, which is why I decided to do TRAD rather than ACE. I think you should be fine! Just be prepared to say goodbye to your social life for a bit, haha. I'm right there with ya! I'm a bit frightened for when clinicals start, though. I don't know what to expect schedule-wise, and I'm trying to decide if I can continue working day shift or if I'll need to switch to night shift at my job.
I also don't have a car, and I'm realizing that it could be a biiig problem. I can get to Grady and Atlanta Medical Center easily, but I don't know about the rest of the locations. I'm super worried!
- Jul 19, '12 by troop949Whew, been to busy to post since last week, but thanks to everyone for your well-wishes. :spin: I've been working on my intake materials and secured a private loan (ugh!) for tuition. Still need to scrape up the dough for uniforms & fees though....sigh.
breezy, AFAIK, the cap on federal loans isn't based on credit hours, it's strictly based on the total amount of loans you use. I believe the cap is $57,500. Unfortunately, I used up almost all of that for my 2-year MPH program at Emory back in 2000-2002, and the remainder has been used up for spring & summer semesters @ GSU.
So, keep in mind folks, private schools are expensive, and will suck up your federal student loan cap faster than a Hoover! (lame joke, I know LOL)
- Aug 15, '12 by breezy7Soo nervous about orientation tomorrow, but I'm excited to meet you guys! Can't believe it's already here!
- Oct 2, '12 by hcs4291Hey guys!
For those of you who have just applied for Spring 2013, here is a link to the forum!
It really helps to talk to other people who understand the daily stress of checking the mail!
Good luck to you all
- Sep 24 by tgarrett4I am truly stressing out. I have a 3.72 GPA and 78 Teas test. My chances are probably non-exisitent. Any advice?
- Sep 24 by meeepRetake the TEAS.