GSU Fall 2012 - page 39
by breezy7 49,731 Views | 426 Comments
Not sure if there's one of these started already, but it's still pretty far off, so I thought I'd make one. Have any of you guys taken the TEAS yet? If not, where are you taking it? I didn't see any dates listed for GSU.... Read More
- 0Apr 19, '12 by Brazilian nursetroop, I'm debating wether Mercer and GPC mainly.. I also got accepted at KSU, but it's far for me so I think I'll eliminate that.. Trying to figure out if GPC would be a lighter load than Mercer and if that would make the most sense for my family.. still confused as to what I'm gonna do....
- 1Apr 19, '12 by forcayHey guys the orientation is actually on August 16th.
Brazilian Nurse you have amazing options! I know sometimes things don't go the way we plan but it all seems to come together nicely. We just can't see past the way we want it to go! lol But if you should feel down, just think of it as you are in the decision making position now, you get to choose between three good schools!
I always thought this process was a fight for me alone, but this forum has opened my eyes to the fact that we are all fighting to get to where we want to be in life, and as long as we never quit, we will reach that place!
- 0Apr 20, '12 by Brazilian nurseQuote from Gsu11Hi Gsu11, can you tell me a little bit about the schedule and how much time per week do you usually dedicate to school? Thanks so much!!! I'd rather go to Mercer and go ahead and get my bachelors in 2 years (instead of go to GPC), but I'm a little bit concerned about the intensity of the program and not be able to spend much time with my baby.. Thank you!!I was on the waitlist at GSU 2 semesters in a row, and never got in. I am at Mercer now, and I love it!! It is definitely intense, but so worth it!!
- 1Apr 24, '12 by Gsu11I am not going to lie and tell u it is not intense, because it is! You typically have class or clinical all day everyday... First semester u r at the hospital 1 day a week. Second semester 2 days a week. It takes a lot of time and commitment. However, the great thing about mercer is u get more clinical experience than any other school. Also, I Would definitely say get your Bachelors, whether it's at mercer or not. Many hospitals ate not even hiring nurses with associates anymore. Many people in our class have children, and they do just fine! It definitely is hard, but just think in 2 years it will definitely be worth it!
- 0Apr 25, '12 by Brazilian nurseThanks Gsu11!!! I've decided to attend KSU Traditional program. I think it will make most sense as I won't have to take as many credit hours compared to Mercer and also take one extra semester to do it.. So basically it will take me just the summer semester extra to graduate at KSU.. I'm excited and happy about my decision! Even though it is far for me, from what I've read and talked to some KSU students, I won't have to drive there everyday.. so.. anyway.. wish me luck!
- 1Apr 25, '12 by troop949Best of luck to you at KSU, Brazilian nurse! I'm sure you'll do just fine. The most important thing is that you are happy with your decision and that you think it is what will work best for your family.
GSU is still the school I'd like to attend. I'm going to reapply for Spring, but I'll also meet with Angela Corley next week to discuss the specifics of my application packet & wait list status.