Gordon College Spring 2013 Applicants - Page 3Register Today!
- Aug 4, '12 by PinoysailorThanx hopefulGordonGirl! I too will be praying! Congrats to you as well
- Aug 5, '12 by broberts136Kimsey, I am applying to the regular ASN program. Good luck to you on your application for the LPN bridge program!
- Aug 5, '12 by kimseyThank you, broberts136! Good luck to you as well Hopefully we all make it no matter which program!
- Aug 13, '12 by hopefullGordonGirlI keep looking at old Gordon nursing student trends and comparing their stats to my stats to see what my chances of getting in are. All in all it just seems like it takes alot of praying and faith to make it in and hard work. I am so just wanting it to be October already and be apart of the joyous ones to say I got accepted. Heres to praying the months fly by and we all get accepted!!!
- Aug 16, '12 by kimseyI've been looking at the old stats too, but I'm not sure if they take previous applications into consideration or not -I'd be interested to know whether they do or not!
I'm ready for it to be Oct as well - and I wanna get the Critical thinking exam over! I was talking to someone in my class who had taken one before and they said it was things like "The dog is laying by the bowl, what can you determine from this" with options like "he's hungry" or other things.. I guess we'll find out when we take it what it's really like!
Question for everyone - on the yellow critical thinking exam sheet they mailed out did you guys have numbers or markings on them at the top? Mine has a mark on it but I can't really tell what it is!
- Aug 16, '12 by hopefullGordonGirlMine wasnt yellow it was blue and had a number in the top right corner. I was wondering what that number meant as well, I wonder if it is the number that they received the application in. I don't know just a guess. I'm excited though about the whole process, I'm just praying for a big blessed congradulations you have been accepted into the spring 2013 nursing program at Gordon, awwwwww OCTOBER come on!!!! lol
- Aug 24, '12 by hopefullGordonGirlToday is the 24th Kimsey, tick tock time for your critical assesment test, good luck. I'm not until the 29th but I remembered you saying yours was the 24th, so the best of luck to you and hopefully we will meet face to face in January!!!!
- Aug 24, '12 by kimseyYes! I did take the critical thinking exam today - it was an interesting test, I felt like it was "common sense" type things, some of it was a bit weird. I don't think you're supposed to talk about the specific questions that were on the test since it's one of those standardized ones, so I think it's better to not give any specific examples. It was things that you kind of had to think about and pick the best answer out of 4 options. I thought it was a computerized test, but it was a paper test with the bubbles you fill in. I'm not sure when you get the results - the ATI thing said that the results will be up 24 hours from the submission of the answer sheets - so I guess it depends on when they send them off to ATI for grading. You get 40 mins to take the test and it has 40 questions - I was done in about 25 mins, but I'm a fast test taker - I spent more time on some questions and other questions I got right off - most everyone but a few were finished before the 40 mins was up. Also - the teacher said she would let us know when there were 20 mins left didn't call out when we had 20 mins left - she wrote on the board, so when I looked up I had NO idea how much time was left - so when you go take it be aware they may not call out the time left but instead write it on the board.
I hope I did well on it!!
I was a bit annoyed by a few of the test takers - I don't know the circumstances, so maybe there were technical issues or they weren't able to get the ati paper/pencil ID and it was beyond their control - but the letter I got specifically said if you failed to show up with the 3 items (receipt of payment, ati paper/pencil id, and photo id) you would not be allowed to take the test - there were about 10-15 people who didn't have their paper/pencil id with them and they were allowed to take the test. Maybe I'm just being grumpy! lol
Good luck when you take yours, let me know what you think about it after!!! (this goes to everyone!)
Also the number on the letter is the order which you turned your application in.
- Aug 25, '12 by hopefullGordonGirlWell congrads with geting through another step in the process of becoming a spring 2013 Gordon nursing student and I dont think you were being grumpy the letter does state that without those three items a person could not sit for the test, but I guess its like dang I read and I'm prepared why arent you, lol and I turned in my application at the last minute and it has number 79 in the corner, so maybe there is not that many applicants and we all can get in, wouldnt that be a perfect world..... How many people were there when you took your test Kimsey?
- Aug 25, '12 by kimseyThank you hopefullGordonGirl! You're almost there as well in a few days
If your number is 79 and you turned yours in at the last minute, maybe there's only 79 people who qualified to take the critical thinking exam - I want to say there was around 40 people taking the test in my class, it was in that lecture hall on the first floor in the nursing & health science building (rm 114) - I sat kind of in the middle of the room and I've been trying to think back about how many people were in front of me and behind me - pretty much every other seat was filled - if there's only two testing days then it would make sense that it was 40 (40 on day 1 and 40 on day 2), but I'm not sure how many days of testing they will have, the 24th was the first day, though. I've heard spring application is much lower than fall and you have a better chance of getting in - so here's hoping!!!
When I find out my score I'll let you know - so far it hasn't shown up on the ATI site at all, I'm hoping maybe by Tuesday!