CHOA PICURegister Today!
- by GaMommy81 Sep 21Hello All,
I am a med-surg neuro/telemetry nurse with one year of experience. Ever since my pediatric clinical time back in nursing school, I have been enamored with the possibility of working in a pediatric ICU. I have transferred to a diiferent med-surg specialty (transplant) hoping that the change would rejuvenate my love of nursing, but I still feel run down, overwhelmed, and I lack the time I desire to truly get to know my patients. I hate feeling rushed and pushed through my day. In doing so, I am finding myself becoming disgruntled. I don't want to be this way. I truly love nursing and genuinely enjoy patient care. CHOA is close to my home and I have applied for a PICU staff nurse position. I am really praying to at least get an interview. I have applied to many positions at CHOA in the past to no avail. Does anyone currently work in the PICU at CHOA that can provide some insight or pointers into obtaining a position? I feel this would be an excellent opportunity for me. Please help. Thanks everyone!
- Sep 21 by GaMommy81Anybody? Lots of views. No responses.
- Sep 23 by troop949I don't have any advice, but I wish you the best! Which CHOA facility are you interested in?
- Sep 24 by GaMommy81Thank you! Egleston.
- Sep 24 by NeoNurse2BeHave you tried applying for a picu position in other facilities, other than choa? My advice to you is to try your best to stick it out for another year because from my research, it's easier to transfer after 2 years of experience. I would try transferring to a pediatric position if pediatrics is where your passion lies, even if its not an icu unit. A NP that I work with is transferring to CHOA and she said that it is hard to get into. Good luck to you.
- Oct 13 by espress099Sorry I dont know about CHOA but I know that Hopkins hires new grads into their PICU. If you don't mind living in baltimore...
- Oct 20 by Nursingfem007Hi gamommy81 i just got an email from them requesting phone interview.... Fyi nurse recruiter name is mandy...
- Oct 20 by GaMommy81Thanks nursingfem007. I have been in contact with her.
- Dec 2 by caddywompusI had a phone interview three weeks ago. It seemed to go well. The recruiter said she would recommend me and that I would probably receive a call the next day. Nobody ever called. I'm trying not to get too down. I just went right back to applying on their website. I've heard the turnover is slow there. I guess if no one wants to leave then that's a good sign.
- Dec 2 by smo153Caddywompus did you apply for the residency program tht they offer or just a staff nurse position? I applied for the residency program & also had a phone interview about 3 weeks ago as well. The recruiter told me I should hear something in the next 2 weeks or so and never did either. I'm thinking maybe they are just taking a while due to the holidays and stuff.. Idk! Hopefully we hear back soon!