Chattahoochee Tech ADN Fall 2012 - Page 7Register Today!
- Apr 17, '12 by TfhorneHey guys. I applied to KSU, GHC, and Chatt. I've already gotten a no back from KSU. Called Chatt today they said we may have to wait another 2 to 3 weeks before we get our letters. :-(
- Apr 18, '12 by jenniferb79They said another 2-3 weeks?!? When I applied they sent an email saying we would hear by April 25th! If I have to wait another 2-3 weeks I'm going to go crazy!
- Apr 18, '12 by bduttoI know how you feel I decided if I didn't get in I would try and get my LPN degree but I need to know by May 3rd. This is so frustrating! Not to mention every time I try and call the school no one ever answers! Plus I think my mail man thinks I have a crush on him I meet him getting my mail almost everyday. Good luck to everyone still in the running and I'm praying it won't take 2 or 3 more weeks.
- Apr 23, '12 by TfhorneYeah I really hope it won't take that long. I'm starting to lose my mind!!!! I didn't go to the info session. Does anyone know how the class schedule is set up. I really don't want it to be a 5 day a week thing. But I want to get in to a school I would go either way. I was just hoping since they changed to semesters from quarters the load wouldnt be so intense. I don't even know how many semesters it is in length.
- Apr 23, '12 by jenniferb79I just called and spoke to someone in the nursing dept. at CTC. She had not heard anything about letters going out late although she did not confirm whether or not my letter had been sent out yet. Tfhorne, do you remember who you spoke to? I don't know if I spoke to someone who would really know for sure what was going on, I just asked to speak to someone in the nursing department. I am hopeful that I will know by Wedenesday if I got in. Has anyone else heard anything? Has anyone gotten accepted?Last edit by jenniferb79 on Apr 23, '12
- Apr 23, '12 by wogropI haven't heard anything yet. I talked to a few others who are waiting and no one else seems to have heard anything either. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of us that we will hear something by Wednesday. I don't think I can stand the suspense for another 3 weeks.
- Apr 23, '12 by TfhorneYes. I talked to the person who sent out our confirmation emails. I can't remember her name. But it was the number in the signature on that email. And that's how she answered the phone. I remember because I was going to ask for her specifically if she didn't answer the phone.
- Apr 23, '12 by jenniferb79Ok. I don't know if I spoke to a receptionist or what. I should have asked if all the letters had been mailed yet but I didn't think to ask. I really hope we hear by Wednesday - I am so nervous/excited! I don't want to keep calling and bothering them because I know they are probably really busy, but if I don't get anything by mail in the next 2 days I guess I will call again.
If I remember correctly from the information meeting, class will be two days a week and there will be two days each week for clinicals. I'm not sure what the class days are and the clinical days will vary depending on what they can get.
- Apr 24, '12 by TfhorneThanks for the info! So is that 4 days a week or would there be a day with class and clinicals? I'm just trying to figure out how I'm gonna arrange my work schedule and such. Also I called again today and spoke with the health sciences dean's assistant she said it would be at least another two weeks before our letters will come. :-/ this is killing me!
- Apr 24, '12 by jenniferb79Tfhorne -
I believe it will be a 4 day week. I think the class days are already set, but I can't remember which days. The 2 clinical days will vary depending on what the clinical sites have available. This could include weekends and evening shifts. I don't think it will include overnight shifts though. There are varying clinical sites. They mentioned Northside Cherokee, CHOA, and Grady that I recall.
I did not get anything in the mail. I tried not to get my hopes up but, when I opened up the mail box and there was nothing from Chattahoochee I was so disappointed! It will be the same tomorrow if the mailbox is empty. From what you are saying it sounds like it will really be another couple of weeks of torture, but I keep hoping the woman I spoke to was correct. Today I emailed the person who sent out the letter confirming receipt of my application, so maybe I will hear back this evening or tomorrow. It really stinks thinking that it was going to be over one way or another tomorrow and now we are maybe looking at waiting even longer. If that is the case I wish they had not even told us what date to expect to find out. I can't really blame them all that much because I know it must take a lot of work getting everything together.
I have not heard of anyone being accepted yet. Has anyone else? Only rejections. I guess that is a good sign for those of us still waiting. Good luck! Lets all keep our fingers crossed for one another.