Student Loan HelpRegister Today!
- by mwheel24 Apr 23, '12So I just got accepted into a private nursing school yay!!! However, I need to figure out how to pay for this private nursing school Does anyone have any information they could share with me about private student loans? What to ask for in a loan? Maybe a good reputable company to get a loan from? Thanks in advance!
- 844 Views
- Apr 24, '12 by sali22I qould get a federal student loan,and apply for scholarships. Thats what I'm doing, stop by your financial aid office and talk about your options
- Apr 24, '12 by tokyoROSEShop around for the best rates... obviously subsidized loans (federal student loans) will have the best rates. Also you should take a look at a loan calculator and see how much you would be paying once you graduate. This number may surprise people. It is easy to take out loans, but when you are hit with $1,000 loan payment/mo, you may wonder why you took out so much. There are a lot of options out there. Work as much as you can, get scholarships, living frugally will make a big difference.
- Apr 25, '12 by KelRN215If you qualify for Federal Perkins Loans, take as much money there as you can get. Those loans get canceled after 5 years of working full-time as a nurse.
I went to an expensive, private 4 year university and paid for almost my entire education with loans. The majority of them were private loans through Sallie Mae. I have (knock on wood) had no problems with them thus far.
- Apr 29, '12 by mwheel24Thank you all so much for the wonderful advice!