Struggling to meet the bare minimum in one class...need supportRegister Today!
- by EmilyEmily Feb 12I'm doing good so far in every class but ONE. The crazy thing is that the class is really not that hard but for some reason I keep changing my answer to the wrong one, which results in me receiving an overall lower grade than what i should have gotten. Everyone else in the class is passing but me. I received two mid 60s on the first two exams. The next couple I will need an 85 or higher to meet the bare minimum in order to pass. I am very stressed out and cannot afford to retake this class over. I am under a lot of pressure from my family to pass. I know there is nothing you all can do I just need some support. I talked about this with one of my classmates but she didn't seem to care at all. Everyone is just worried about themselves
- 4,265 Views
- Feb 12 by Ashley, PICU RNHave you spoken with your instructor about this? Perhaps she would be willing to go over your tests with you and help you understand why you might be having trouble with the material. Does your school offer tutoring services? It may be well worth it to attend a few sessions for this course. See if there are some other students who would be willing to join a study group. But your best first step is to sit down with your instructor and discuss your performance and ways to improve. Trust me, she does not want you to fail. Best of luck!
- My instructor just told me that I still have a chance to pass. that's it. my school doesn't offer any tutoring services. the only thing i can do is possibly study with a student who is passing. that's if they are willing to help me because everyone is very focused on helping themselves
- Feb 12 by future_anesthetistPlease quit whining about people "focusing on themselves." Of course they are! Aren't you? Ok now seriously though your school doesn't have any sort of peer mentor program, retention program, tutor program? Mine has all that and more. You may hafta study 10 hours a day to make it through the next two exams but don't you think its worth it!? Whatever you do don't give up! Believe in yourself!!
- Quote from future_anesthetistThat was very rude to call me a whiner. I was just explaining the situation and my perspective on how I view my peers---didn't say it was wrong for them to focus on themselves.Please quit whining about people "focusing on themselves." Of course they are! Aren't you? Ok now seriously though your school doesn't have any sort of peer mentor program, retention program, tutor program? Mine has all that and more. You may hafta study 10 hours a day to make it through the next two exams but don't you think its worth it!? Whatever you do don't give up! Believe in yourself!!
- i'm so sad i dont know what to do
- Feb 12 by KelRN215What class are you struggling in? Just because your school doesn't offer tutors doesn't mean you can't seek one out.
- Feb 12 by ContraryRockDon't sweat the pressure from your family, seriously. It is not them taking the test or getting the degree, it is you. Which class is it you are struggling with? If you are more specific, there might be some people out here who would be able to help...
- Feb 12 by StephalumpQuote from EmilyEmilyIt's hard to give really awesome advice from this side of the computer screen because we can't really know you or your bag of tricks or your situation. We can just blindly throw out ideas and hope one sticks.i'm so sad i dont know what to do
One piece of advice I can give is this: be tenacious.
You entered nursing school with a goal in mind: becoming a nurse. Don't lose sight of it and don't let anything (including tests) get in the way of it. I don't know you, but I can still guarantee far less intelligent people with far fewer resources have gotten through nursing school and passed the NCLEX.
You may just have to get creative. You can PM me if you need help with anything specific.