Sticky Littmann...Register Today!
- by NursieSD Jan 29I used my brand new Littmann Cardiology III stethescope during clinical last week and haven't touched it since.
I took my stethescope out of my bag today and it is sticky! All over!
Did I clean it with something that could have caused that?
Is there a way to make it not sticky?
I am so sad that I've already done something to my nice, new Littmann.
- 878 Views
- Jan 30 by Lev <3I think that's how it is when it's new.
- Jan 30 by LanesmamaMine's like that, too. Every piece of lint, fuzz, etc sticks to it so it always looks dirty. I wipe it with an alcohol swab and it looks beautiful again, until I move. I think I would describe it more like tacky... as in stuff sticks to it but not sticky like honey...??
- Jan 30 by K+MgSO4mine did that - it is just because it is new. as the shine wears off the tubing it will stop.
- Jan 31 by brip87Check with your school and clinical settings, there are covers that you can use to protect the tubing of your stethoscope. Some places don't allow them because of infection control reasons, but I know some students in my class used them. The covers are cloth, probably aren't hard to make if you have some sewing knowledge.
- Jan 31 by NursieSDThanks everyone! I really appreciate it!
- Feb 1 by SunshineDaisyYep, mine did too! I got a cover, one, because of the tackiness, and 2, because it's the light pink and shows every mark!