Start Studying or Cont to Relax?Register Today!
- by Lovely_RN Aug 21, '07I've been off since the begining of Aug and I have to return to school on Sept 4th. Ugh, I have been enjoying this vacation so much. I never realized until I had some time off how much NS was consuming my entire life. I want to cry when I think of having to go back.
No really...I'm like a three year old. I want to throw myself on the floor and kick and scream. I don't want to go back...I like being FREE!
Anyway, professor emailed us the syllabus and I have been trying to read but I cannot focus. I've got less than 2 weeks vacation left and I have not touched my Saunders or ATI review materials. This isn't like me at all I am usually very dedicated but I swear I am having a serious case of the lazies or maybe I am just burnt out?
I need some advice from senior students do you study on breaks or do you just relax?
- 427 Views
- Aug 21, '07 by Eirenei had every intention on studying...
but not so much. haha. don't sweat it; enjoy your time off. if you wanted to go over things, i'd refresh the labs values, meds, etc. if you want (that's what i'm doing).
- Aug 21, '07 by momx4I know exactly how you feel. I am startng my senior year next week and have just been given 1 week to read 11 chapters by Monday. I have been off for summer vacation for a total of 4 months. I have tried to remotivate myself on how much I really want this. I have worked sooo hard to get where I am and lets not screw it up now.
- Aug 22, '07 by MegsdI am on a 19 day break (my longest since December). The first few days I didn't do anything, but because I have to take the HESI in a few weeks, I brought out an NCLEX book and have been doing questions while doing other things like putzing around on the internet, watching TV, etc. I had originally set a goal to do 100 questions per day, but I've slacked off. My brain has been going non-stop for the past 8 months and I need a BREAK!
I guess in a way I should be thankful to not have had months and months off because I doubt I'd want to go back either. The only reason I want to go back now is because I'm so close to being done with school.
- Aug 22, '07 by BoonersmomRNI had off all of July and most of August. I didn't TOUCH a THING. It was the only real vacation/relaxation time I have had since starting pre-req's many, many semesters ago. I am now in my last semester.
Everyone is different but I can tell you that I NEEDED the break. Sure, there were days when I thought " I should pick that book up" ...but nope. I never did. What did it do for me? Allowed me to enter the semester refreshed and rearing to go.
My vote is to enjoy the remainder of your break