Should i work as a dietary aide while in nursing school.Register Today!
This is a discussion on Should i work as a dietary aide while in nursing school. in General Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... Have a job interview as a dietary aide at a hospital. Kinda nervous because I don't know what to...by Pre-nurseTiff Jul 17, '12Have a job interview as a dietary aide at a hospital. Kinda nervous because I don't know what to except. Should I take a resume even tho I turned one in with my job application. I'm excited about the interview and hopefully get the job, but I also want to socialize and go out before nursing school starts because I will have no life during school! Please give me some feedback
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=758557©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Jul 17, '12 by PoptardzYou should work as a dietary aide, it will be good on your resume.
May I know if you need a degree/diploma for that job?
- Jul 17, '12 by Bloomgirl118That seems like a good job to have at a hospital, as they tend to be flexible with evening and weekend hours. That's definitely a huge help when scheduling around nursing classes. Also, it never hurts to get your foot in the door of a hospital. Many tend to give preference to current employees and could make it easier for you to move up when the time comes. Good luck!
- Jul 17, '12 by kgl_2014My sister worked as a dietary-aide (she wasn't going into nursing) and it was a great job. They are flexible and it's pretty good pay. Just make sure they know you are in school and most hospitals are more than willing to give you enough time to study/have a small social life.
I would take a resume even though you turned one in, just in case
- Jul 18, '12 by ashleyisawesomeat my hospital a lot of dietary aides and housekeepers got jobs as PCAs a few months later. sounds like it could be a good way to advance!
- Jul 18, '12 by Pre-nurseTiffThanks for all the good advice everyone! My interview went well and their going to call for a second interview
- Jul 18, '12 by Sconnie_NurseBeing a dietary aide will help you get your foot in the door at the hospital! It would be a great opportunity! I hope things work out for you!