I did pretty well in nursing school
so far until last semester when I failed a course. Now I am retaking it (Med surg) with no more chances left. I am pretty scared since I have to have a B to pass instead of the usual C+. Either way I am aiming for an A. However, my plans changed. So I am wondering if there is anyone that can help me out.
The issues are
1. I wanted to apply for internships but because of that one class I failed, my GPA went down...so now that will lower my chances of obtaining one. Do you know of any internships in the NY area that are not GPA based?
2. Should I look for internships outside the NY area? if so, do you know of any I can apply to?
3. I heard about this camp nurses website that can help out nursing students by working with nurses in a summer camp but is that even enough? Should I try it?
4. I am actually thinking of taking a semester off (not doing well financially or physically) so I am thinking of taking a semester off to get things together and come back stronger! is that a good idea?
5. Since I have only 2 semesters left, should I go part time in order to "take it easy" especially since I don't have anymore chances left of retaking a course?
I am thinking of the last option because many internships do not accept students who are in their last semester of nursing program.
Someone please help, dealing with these issues are more complicate than I thought