1. you're scared you won't get in.
2. you're scared you will.
3. you're scared you won't pass the first quarter/semester.
4. you're glad you did but you're scared you won't do well in the second quarter/semester.
5. repeat steps 3 and 4 for the entire length of your program.
6. you're scared to graduate.
7. you're scared to take the NCLEX.
8. you're elated that you passed the NCLEX but you're scared on your first day as an RN.
9. you relax over time as an RN BUT! then something new comes along and you're scared again.
10. then you stop and look back on the times when you were #1, #2, etc. and you wonder why you were scared.
my rambling point to all of this is that it's okay to be scared sometimes. but it doesn't mean that you can't or won't achieve exactly what you set out to do.