Rent vs BuyRegister Today!
- by lcraig0011 Apr 28I am starting my first semester of nursing school in August. Our textbooks (required and recommended) are extremely EXPENSIVE I'm sure everyone knows. My question is, should I rent or buy? Rental textbooks will be about $400 cheaper. Would I need them later n in my journey for review? Thanks for any and all help.
- 532 Views
- Apr 28 by FDW630I would check with someone in the program. In my program, we use the books for all four semesters, so if we rent them, we have to rerent them three times. It was cheaper to buy them. Make sure if you rent, you won't need them again later in the program.
- Apr 28 by zoe92I would buy the more foundational nursing books like assessment, but rent the rest of the books. You can also go back later & buy the rented ones if you found them really useful.
- Apr 28 by rjones416its better to buy used instead of renting them. they both cost about the same but you get to keep the used one.
- Apr 29 by EverlineI have to second the idea of having to rent them again. Some books are used for more than one semester. Make sure you know which ones those are so you don't end up renting for more than it would have cost to buy.